IGNORED

Hey, Vectrex fans!

Jess Ragan

You're gonna love this.

roboclone3_small.jpg

http://www.vectrex.org.uk/roboclone.html

I had no idea that a Vectrex version of Robotron was even being made. If it's ever finished, it'll go nicely with Alex Herbert's conversion of Defender. Who knows? Maybe someone will even design a Sinistar clone for the system!

JR[/img]

Oooo That Time Pilot game looked sweet! It still amazes me how awesomely close the Vectrex sounds like the actual arcade game.

From what I heard though the guy who was working on it sort of dropped off the face of the earth. So sad.

I agree though Sinistar would rock.

I LIVE... ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

Not to spread rumors, buuut I heard from a certain high-profile Vectrex game designer that a great Sinistar conversion may be feasible if he can work the kinks out of the system's quirky sound chip.  I can't give you too much info on this, but it's food for thought.

Name? quirky is not the way I would describe it .. actually it is from the same chip family as those used in arcades in the early 80s! Programmers get some dead on arcade jsounds out of it!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

mmm vectrex sinistar :lust:  i would just love to hear "I HUNGER" come crackling out the vec. extra bright little sinibombs...ok i want this and that time pilot clone somebody was working on, NOW.

Time Pilot?? :lust:

where, where, where.....?? tell me!

There was Star Fire Spirits, by John Dondzila. That's probably as close as you'll get to a conversion of the Star Wars coin-op.

I'm curious to see if I can hobble something together using the Vectrex C compiler and other utilities created by Chris Tumber. It probably wouldn't be anywhere near the quality of any of the other homebrews for the system, but it might be fun to give it the old college try.

JR