IGNORED

Electromechanical PONG!

NE146

Very cool! I salute whoever had to do all that work. :thumbsup:

But it looks like it would be a nightmare to keep up with the maintenance and repair that it probably requires.

Electromechanical stuff always looks excessively complex in relation to the function that it actually performs. (but I still want one! ;) )

Presumptuous. ;) I know Blip so well to the point that I still know it's patterns by heart ever since I memorized it as an 8(?) year old. I know which button to press next even before my current serve even leaves my side of the court! :lol: I can even sing the bassline from the commercial with the 'blip blip blip' ditty along with it. Blip wasn't even my first EM handheld.. I got a couple of them.. even a Bandai Space Invaders one. :D I still got them too of course.

Anyway, although similar, it's still pretty obvious to me that this is far and beyond Blip my friend :P

But it looks like it would be a nightmare to keep up with the maintenance and repair that it probably requires.

Electromechanical stuff always looks excessively complex in relation to the function that it actually performs.  

EM machines look intimidating at first, but all they are is a series of switches, relays and coils. They're actually much simpler to fix and maintain than solid state machines.

I checked out the video - pretty cool

Although I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to make, and there's no way I'd be able to do that, the game seems a bit jerky and gimmicky.

We're on the way however, to my ultimate gaming bliss of playing football with miniature little robots on a small grass playing field ;)

Presumptuous. ;)  I know Blip so well  to the point that I still know it's patterns by heart ever since I memorized it as an 8(?) year old.  I know which button to press next even before my current serve even leaves my side of the court! :lol:  I can even sing the bassline from the commercial with the 'blip blip blip' ditty along with it. Blip wasn't even my first EM handheld.. I got a couple of them.. even a Bandai Space Invaders one.  :D I still got them too of course.

Anyway, although similar, it's still pretty obvious to me that this is far and beyond Blip my friend :P

Totally presumptuous! ;) Like NE, I played Blip for HOURS as a kid! Great memories...sometimes I would "ignore" that I knew the patterns so that other people would still play it with me...

BTW, Gnip Gnop qualifies as electromechanical Pong, too! (sort of...)

• 2 months later...

It's gotta be Arena Football.. or Hockey. I want full movement, full control, punching, kicking, eye gouging, anything I can think of.. heck Wrestling would be awesome too.

I checked out the video - pretty cool

Although I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to make, and there's no way I'd be able to do that, the game seems a bit jerky and gimmicky.  

We're on the way however, to my ultimate gaming bliss of playing football with miniature little robots on a small grass playing field ;)