IGNORED

My Public Apology to The 5200 ...

Ron Albanese

So, I'm cleaning out stuff, deciding what to sell ... the 5200 takes up a lot of room, and I have that old school dip-switch multicart ... oh, yeah the Track Ball, too ... let's put them on eBay ... wait, lemme at least paly this thing again ...

Within minutes (after getting a good paper clip to swtich the dips), I'm playing some Missle Command (fun), and the underrated Mario Brothers ... Man, was I a fool to think of ditching this system! I loved it as a kid, fought the Coleco Kids, and I was going to sell this marvel? My four year old even played some Super Breakout!

The console looks so cool even sitting there -- very Star Trek, and games like Popeye are well done ....

NOW ...

Will anyone ever do a KICKMAN for the 52? I think it's a perfect match of colors, grpahics and action ... opinions?

Ron!

• 2 weeks later...

My 5200 will be cool once I get working controllers for it.

Its been sitting in its cardboard box in the living room, mocking me for taking so long to get it all up and running.

Then I remind it how its taken me nearly EIGHT YEARS to get a (possibly) working Amiga 500 system and it can wait another few weeks.

Its quiet then, especially when it knows we shall play lots and lots of Gremlins, oh yes.. so much Gremliney goodness..

(Id better not mention I might go for a Vectrex though.. the 5200 may be an unthinking inanimate object, but it will still kill me should I add any further delays to getting it up and running..)

(Id better not mention I might go for a Vectrex though.. the 5200 may be an unthinking inanimate object, but it will still kill me should I add any further delays to getting it up and running..)

The 5200 can wait. Vectrex rules supreme over all game systems.