IGNORED

Risk!

jnice

Wow, Tempest, thanks for posting that info about the Risk game! I knew it was on the "games not yet confirmed to exist" list. Would this have been ported over to the 5200 eventually, then? I just love the "screenshot" in the old Parker Bros. advertisement, by the way!

Since you received this prototype directly from the original programmer, I'm guessing that no additional work was completed on the game? Also, were the cards ever planned to be implemented?

It's great to see Risk on the Atari, even if the countries aren't drawn. You can sorta pick out where they are, though, if you're familiar with the game.

Wow, Tempest, thanks for posting that info about the Risk game! I knew it was on the "games not yet confirmed to exist" list. Would this have been ported over to the 5200 eventually, then?

Yes. Mr. Krannish was PB's 5200 expert, so he would have been responsible for the 5200 conversion. However since the 8-bit version was never finished, the 5200 version was never started.

Since you received this prototype directly from the original programmer, I'm guessing that no additional work was completed on the game?

No additional work was done. PB fired most of their programmers in late 83, and the rest in early 84.

Also, were the cards ever planned to be implemented?

No. I think I mentioned this in the review. The card deck was simply used to speed up the game, so it wasn't necessary. Also there was no way to prevent other players from seeing your cards.

It's great to see Risk on the Atari, even if the countries aren't drawn. You can sorta pick out where they are, though, if you're familiar with the game

Yes that's what I've been doing. Hopefully Steve will be able to finish the map up and make the game much easier to play.

Tempest