IGNORED

Anybody like "Double Dragon"?

King Atari

Of all scrolling fighter games, "Double Dragon" is the one I remember. I think I played the arcade years ago (I'd have to play it again to make sure, but I can't get MAME 55 to work, but I've played various version/sequels on different systems and have always liked it), but I've always been fond of it. I recently (if about 5 months ago is recent) got the version for Nintendo, and I love it, I'd play it more but you know how hard it is to get games one the NES to work. NOW...after buying the NES version, I played the emulated 2600, and nearly threw up. That wasn't "Double Dragon", that was a little wimp throwing noodly punches! BUT... I played it a little longer and actually found it a little addictive after figuring out I can jump-kick and kick the thugs to death. My question is, will anybody defend this, or am I the only one who actually cares?

Well, I actually did a review on the game at the double dragon dojo at http://www.classicgaming.com/doubledragon/rdd2600.htm

The 2600 conversion, while pure poop compared to other conversions (the C64 being the next worst conversion), was a technical marvel for a machine designed to play pong. While you're over at that page, check out some other reviews I did for the page.

quote:

Originally posted by cloudmann:

The 2600 conversion, while pure poop compared to other conversions (the C64 being the next worst conversion),

[snip]

You haven't tried comparing SMS version to any other 8 bit versions? Even NES version sucks (especially in the 2 player dept)

**I've played the Arcade Version back in the day, fantastic.

**The C=64 version, very difficult but my brother and I once beat it, so it wasn't too bad.

**The NES Version. I don't remember much about it but I seem to think it was better than the C=64 Version.

**The Amiga 500 Version, this game was good gameplay wise, the the players looked like big blue eyed Baby dolls.. (Creepy)

**The 2600 version was bad.. Just too difficult. If it wasn't a 16K cart, it would probably be an easy game to make fun with just a few speed hacks in the code though.