IGNORED

Young Fresh Meat

wongojack

I NEED A MENTOR

Now before everyone hits the back button on their browser, I want to point out that I am a 28 year old college graduate and working professional who is successful in his field (advertising). Additionally, I want to work for free.

That should put me in a slightly different category than the 15 year old over-excited kids that just want to re-make FFVII. In contrast, I want to bring back Pitfall and Summer Games (Wipes Egg Off Face).

I need someone who can give me some guidance and take an interest in my developing (programming) skills. I, like many others, have tried to get into game dev. before, but have had a hard time setting realistic goals for myself and don´t know what key areas to work on.

Honestly, it is as simple as that. Feel free to contact me with any constructive comments you might have; especially if you´re interested or experienced as a game dev. mentor.

Many Thanks

Check out my profile for more info.

I will check out the tutorial.

I imagine that I would program for Windows since it is so accessible. I know some C and C++ along with Java, but am certainly not a programmer.

I've come to atari age because it those old arcade style games seem like the only games you can realistically do by yourself anymore. Plus I love them.

At this point, I think a great goal for me woud be to write a windows tetris or pac-man. I could move on from there.

I am, of course, open to suggestion (or why would I be posting at all?)