IGNORED

ET hole irony

jsoper

The recent ET posts got me thinking.

The game got horrible reviews and word of mouth because of its poor gameplay: ET constantly falls into holes.

Because of this, millions of unsold carts were disposed of in a landfill: ETs fell into a hole.

Is this wickedly ironic, or am I just posting too late at night again?

John

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: John Soper ]

I dunno, Falling into the holes is part of the game play. I hink what turned most people off is trying to get OUT of the holes. Someone in another post suggested "fixing" E.T... Can this be done? Can someone make it where even if you just keep pushing up you wont fall in the hole? That would make the game much better. altho to be honest with you I never had a real problem with it. I played the hell outta that game as a kid... I do remember being frustrated sometimes at those stupid pits, but not enough to say the game sucked.

When they actually go to get the carts out of the landfill, they'll have to remember to only bring them up to the edge of the pit, and then immediately move them east or west to get them out.. moving them north will cause them to fall immediately back into the pit.

--Zero