IGNORED

What protos are unknown?

atari70s

Regarding 7800 titles:

Atari Team Wrestling (Atari)

I'm pretty sure this is a pre-license Mat Mania too ...

Capone (Atari)

Working title for Crime Busters?

Electrocop (Atari)

I'm still convinced some greedy collector who doesn't want to share the game has this and also 7800 GAUNTLET.

F-16 Falcon (Atari)

It's good that this didn't come out. For a system with such a small library, the 7800 has a ton of flight simulators.

Hoop Wars (Atari)

Working title for Basketbrawl, no?

Pit Fighter (Atari) *Why???

Primitive versions of this have been found. Incidentally, Sega Master System and NES versions also exist.

Rampage (Atari)  

Rescue on Fractalus (Atari)

Rampage was released by Activition, Rescue has been found. Very early demo but pretty cool.

Thunder Fox (Atari *Interesting name.

Came out on the XEGS and is one of the hardest games I've ever played. A space side scroller, but so difficult, it's almost impossible.

Time Lord of Zantac (Atari) *I guess someone at Atari was into Dr. Who and downers.

Was this the one that was intended to be a huge adventure game, like Zelda? Rumours of it being a 1-megabyte (8 megabit) title or build. Knowing how cheap Jack T and company were, they would never have paid to develop or build. Though if Mitch has an unused 4-megabit 7800 cartridge board, perhaps it was intended to be used somewhere along the way ...

White Water Madness (Atari)

Some catalogues list this as WOOD AND WATER RAGE. May be a prelicesense TOOBIN'.

Re: "Prince" (7800)

Wouldn't this have been a port of the action/adventure title that was released for the Atari ST in '90 or so?

More than likely. There were alto of Atari ST games being converted to the XE and 7800 in the UK.

Capone (Atari)

Working title for Crime Busters?

I don't think so. Crime Busters was done by someone else and just licensed by Atari. Solitare Group comes to mind, but that might not be it.

Tempest

I don't think so. Crime Busters was done by someone else and just licensed by Atari. Solitare Group comes to mind, but that might not be it.

Capone was also a light gun shooter on the ST and Amiga published in 1988. I don't know if there's a connection but it makes sense...

Crime Buster was coded by James Zalewski who went on to write Planet Smashers and had already done Barnyard Blaster. He also worked for K-Byte in the very early eighties... The Solitare Group developed stuff way earlier than that, I don't recall hearing from them after 1984.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com