IGNORED

Old video game tv show

kollektorking

Im trying to find out the name of an old Videogame TV show that used to air in the early 80's, its not Starcade. People would play videogames like Starcade but they would also play console games like the 2600 etc. In addition to that, the contestants would walk on the squares on the floor that would light up. The show would come on Saturdays around 11am.

kollektorking

Was it called "The Game"? I don't remember for sure myself, but I do recall seeing at least one episode of that show. The walking on lit squares segment worked like a cross between Pathfinder on The Price is Right and Battleship. Each square had something underneath it... maaaaybe something good, maaaaybe something bad. Your mission was to reach all the good stuff and avoid uncovering the monsters.

The only other thing I recall about the show was that one of the games they'd used for the competitions was Black Widow.

JR

Thats the show Im talking about. I dont rememeber if it was called the Game but everything that you've mentioned is correct. The prizes were pretty decent at the time, everything from joysticks to cartridges to arcade machines. Im glad somebody else slightly remembers it, I've asked 1000 different people and 999 of them didnt remember it. I was begininng to think it was all in my head.

Thanks

IIRC it was "The Video Game", hosted by JD Roth (redhead) & a more laid-back "dude"-type guy like Parker Lewis' cool friend from THAT show. JD went on to (co-)host other shows.

I recall them playing "Pogo Joe" & "Flip & Flop" on Commodore 64s!!!

Actually wasn't there an NBC 'game show' around that same time period (83/84) where people would compete not only in events like outdoor obstacle courses (running jumping, hovercraft driving, blah) but also video games (some reason i got this memory of them at one point playing Circus Atari).

gavv