IGNORED

is the atari fad ending?

atari70s

I'm not really a bandwagon jumper but when I finally got back into buying up Atari games, it just felt like the right moment. I've had the original games that my dad bought for years and I just added onto them whenever I could find Atari stuff. I still miss being able to find 2600 stuff at lawn sales. The last time I found anything like this at a lawn sale, was back in 1996. :sad:

And I still have the majority of my games, despite being unemployed for the majority of this year. I don't know how much longer I can live like this but I am hoping that it will not come down to selling off my entire collection, which I've grown too attached to at times.

If i recal those collection disks were real popular for a while but most of them really sucked for some reason. dont get me started on the awful atari collection redux. Maybe its due to the fact that atari, nintendo, sega and a ton of other developers loaded the shelfs wiith more collection disks and 15 in one game joy pads. Then the market could bear?

the game collection discs didn't do too well cause they were overpriced when you could go to a flea market and get same games (originals) for less.... that and everybody wants the original anyway... to be able to stick in the cartridge and play the game with the same controller, graphics and sound as back in the day... the collections tended to alter the sound and soften the graphics a bit, and the control was all wrong.... it was emulation and not the original.................why the joysticks they sell with the games on them are doing so well, I have no idea.