IGNORED

Krokodile Cartridge

Kroko

It would be swell to see them housed in some fancy colored cartridges too (green ???).

Hehe ... I think this might be a cool Option 8)

I'd be interested in seeing a label contest for this one

Me, too :D

But I am not sure if I can offer a free Krokodile cart to the winner, because I am not a big company and the material is quite expensive ...

Will this be one of those limited run things that I will never be able to get my hands on if I don't pre-order. Or will you produce them as required.  

Well, the main problem is the prize. If you only order one, then its extremely expensive. The PCB and some of the chips on the design are much cheaper in quantities. I don't need lots of chips and pcbs for my hobby and if I order them, I have to be sure that they are sold sooner or later. An order of 25 is in the 2000$ region you know ...

I will make a list of people who are interested. And If I have the feeling that 25 could be sold, they will be available (most likely in the AtariAge store if Albert agrees)

I am going to make new ones as soon as there seems to be enough interest. In theory I can make a single device any time if you are willing to pay a prototype price :D

How easy would it be for a non-technically-minded individual (such as myself) to use this as a multicart?

1. Start the Krokodile Comander (Some Windows Software)

2. Click on the "Multicart" Tab

3. Select The Multicart Type and the Games that should be on the multicart

4. Press a button to create the ROM-File

5. Download that ROM to the Cartridge (another button)

6. DONE !

Is that easy enough ?

I dunno, my VCR still blinks "12:00"

That's nothing... my VCS still blinks "12:00". :D

Any chance of this working with Mac OS X? I know I'd need a USB-serial adapter, but the Krokodile Commander software is a bigger concern.

On another note...

I'd also love to see this in a green cart, and have a label contest for it. (I've been itchin' for another 2600 label contest). The prize doesn't have to be one of the carts, maybe it could be a one-off patch (like the high score club patches). Or if the winner buys one of the carts, you could autograph it for them.

Any chance of this working with Mac OS X

Currently Only Windows 2000 and Windows XP are supported. But if anybody is willing to port the commander to the Mac, I will make a description of how to talk to the cart ... I don't have a mac ...

Currently Only Windows 2000 and Windows XP are supported. But if anybody is willing to port the commander to the Mac, I will make a description of how to talk to the cart ... I don't have a mac ...

Java anyone? :ponder:

I volunteer! I'm actively programming Java these days, have already played with the Krokodile Cart protocol... enough interest and volunteers to assist debug various OS combinations, and I'll be happy to work on a Java version of the software.

Cheers

A

Java anyone? :ponder:

I volunteer! I'm actively programming Java these days, have already played with the Krokodile Cart protocol... enough interest and volunteers to assist debug various OS combinations, and I'll be happy to work on a Java version of the software.

Cheers

A

Yeah!! Now that's what I'm talkin about! Dang man ... first the programming how-tos, then you're pitching in to program for a flash 2600 cart. you = te w00t :D