IGNORED

Coleco Telstar help

keilbaca

Hello all, I received a Coleco Telstar system. The system works, the problem is that I cannot get a display on my tv. The atari 2600 switchbox doesn't work (but it works on my atari so its not faulty), I have tried directly connecting the cable to the tv through an adapter, and all i get is the tv trying to sync in. During the sych in though, i do see pong for a split second, so its not like the system is dead. help!

Here is an update, I am using the same cable BTW, I plugged it into my VCR, I get a picture now, but the sound is static (i think that's supposed to happen being the sound comes out from the telstar), and the video is wavy... evertything looks distorted, like the sync is off, things are stretched, the score is diagonal and bleeding into each of the numbers, causing almost unreadable scores. Any advice?

The Atari 2600 power supply is 9v 300mha so that's not the problem... when I get home i'll replace the cable (after the room inspection that is... we're not supposed to have soldering irons  :P )

I don't know how I would get any work done if I didn't have a soldering pencil!

Lemmi .. that is a nice system! Does the steering wheel go around and around or is there a limit of travel? Does it spring back to top dead center?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

The Atari 2600 power supply is 9v 300mha so that's not the problem... when I get home i'll replace the cable (after the room inspection that is... we're not supposed to have soldering irons  :P )

I don't know how I would get any work done if I didn't have a soldering pencil!

Lemmi .. that is a nice system! Does the steering wheel go around and around or is there a limit of travel? Does it spring back to top dead center?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

OK we're not "supposed" to have one, but of course that doesn't stop me. I, too, cannot live without my soldering iron.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that is cool...shit when I was little bastard (as opposed to a grown azzhole) my mom was going to get us brats that exact machine! Went to the store and the guy working the counter -sounds ancient 'working the counter'-anyway he starts telling my mom about this 'new' thing that was going to come out and that she should hold off and get that instead...I remember wishing that was a real gun so I could shoot his red on the head ass...big deal you could play different games on this new thing I have yet to see and come on how much better could it get?? I am 6 years old and live in the present the here and now 5 months is long ass time to wait (w/the whole relativity thing) I remember being pissed. Well I guess some of you brainiacs know what we got for christmas.

ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM sounds like interference, could be anything from metal objects to static electricity dust wiggle it around and you'll find the sweet spot.

That does bring back memories...going to the sega center at the mall and playing that x's and o's football game with that metal ball that pinched your hand and theee coolest game at the time RIPOFF or even some SPACE WAR

... the video is wavy... evertything looks distorted, like the sync is off, things are stretched, the score is diagonal and bleeding into each of the numbers, causing almost unreadable scores. Any advice?

Sounds like you got this sorted, but I just saw the thread. I had similar problems with a Telstar recently. I opened it up and found a pot on the board that, when twiddled, will straighten the picture back out.

-S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...