IGNORED

UNUSED LABELED EPROMS I FOUND need a little assist

Reid Fleming

I am in the process of downsizing my junk acquisitions, and since the video games and toys take up the most space they are at the top of the list.

While going through my older shtuff (2600 Int. Od II etc) I found some Eproms (I totally forgot I had) of these three makers; Hitachi, NEC, and Mitsubishi. Their #s respectively are 3K3 RD 92 HN462732G - D2716 W14516 - MSL2732K 823012. They all have hand written paper labels covering the windows. They were stored in 2"x 6" container on top of old green spongey foam. Along with the chips there was a 6 switch console that is slightly different than a 6 switch Sunnyvale I also have. When I opened it up, stamped on the underside; 'PROPERTY OF ATARI INC. SUNNYVALE CA 94086' and 'L & W G C010307 - A'.

I guess my question would be...How in the hell could I read these things?? Could it be as simple as purchasing some boards and slip one of these in??

Or is it as I suspect, complicated using specialized equipment.

I am sorry I couldn't post some pics, but I am waiting for my new camera still.

Oh, and before you guys blow your collective wads...they are all pretty common games, except for a few of these have two diff titles on their labels.

Thanks for your time.

The ones with 2732 in the model numbers are easy. You can buy a cartridge board with a socket from here at AtariAge and it's as easy as just putting the chip into the socket on the board.

The chips with 2716 in the model number would take slightly more work but once the board has been modified it's just the same thing with putting the chip in the socket.

Mitch