IGNORED

800XL MOD?

conda

Does anyone know what these MOBO changes do on this 800xl? It won't boot, so I have no clue what the heck this is.

There is some small circuit board plugged into one of the chip slots on the left, and there is a switch on the cart holder. There there are a bunch of wires going around to different places.

800XLCRAP.JPG

I finally got it to work. It seems to be some sort of video mod. When I plug in the DIN cord, the switch on the cart slot changes from normal video to a different video. Can't really explain it. I have to replace the keyboard to check into it further--only a few keys work. This is a weird setup.

That certainly looks like a memory upgrade too. 256k probably, since it almost looks like I can see "256" on the chips, and you have the wires going to the PIA.

Probably a Claus Buchholz type upgrade? The video upgrade might be a SuperVideo. There is a switch in this mod that will switch OFF the composite video, when using Chroma-luma. You get a slightly better picture that way.

Is it BASIC you get when you boot up without OPTION held down? If so, it's probably rev. C that is put in there. (?)