IGNORED

Galaxian Display shows horizontal lines

unitepunx

I just picked up a full size Galaxian coin-op but the display shows horizontal lines where the sprites are rendered. I know this isnt much information, but is there any way of fixing this problem short of swapping the boards?

The lines extend along the entire width of the screen where the "enemys" are located on the top and same for the ship the character flies at the bottom. Lines dont show then the guns are fired from either the player or the enemy. When a single or group of bad guys start flying away from the formation, they carry the lines that they had in formation, but the lines only are as wide as the sprite picture (about half inch by half inch) The lines are white in color. They also appear at the game over screen in the same place they would be if the game was playing.

Is this something I can fix with just general hardware tweaking or is it more complicated?

I also have the original parts and operators manual, but it doesnt say much about this or similar problems one may have.

unitepunx