IGNORED

Looking for Atari Cartridges Dumper (for atari8bit)

Zybex

:) Hello.

Today i bought some Atari cartridges, and "multicartridges" (cartridges with 128 KB).

I have a software for atari to make cartridge dumps, but this only dump 8 kb. :sad:

If you know a way (with an atari computer, only via software) to dump cartridges with sizes greater than 8 kb, please let me know.

I really want to backup my cartridges...... :P

Zybex:

Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to dump any cartridge, due to the different bank-switching formats. The best way is dumping the cartridge using an Eprom Reader/burner.

But, if you still want to dump using software, you can program it in assembler (sorry, no BASIC, cause for memory conflicts). But you have to pay atention to the bank-switching methods.

Good luck in your search!

• 2 weeks later...

I know 2 ways to dump a cartridge:

1. Install QMeg+4.04 operating system, turn on a computer with pressing Select; press Control Help, then Control S; change drive number with Space and press Shift W, then Start. Voila! Now you must cut cart data from the disk or ATR image (under APE).

2. Please look at this link http://www2.asw.cz/~kubecj/acartdp.htm :)

• 2 months later...
The best way is dumping the cartridge using an Eprom Reader/burner.

Hi

This can be acomplished by desoldering the chips in the cart, and reading each one of them with an Eprom reader/burner. For use in emulators, the contents of the chips must be merged in one file (the ROM image).

Am I correct? If not, please clarify...

Regards