IGNORED

pinball games for the atari 800 xl

wrenchien

you'd probably best run these under atari800win...

the other disk includes the pinball construction set games joyride pinball, and deep funk ..

something i did well before i came here..

when unzipped they're in xfd format...

anyway, if you can get them to run, enjoy them.

pcsc2.zip

That reminds me, Atarimania, I was supposed to send you some PCS games that my brother and I created. I didn't have any extra floppy disks at the time. However, I came across about 100 of them about two months ago, so I think I can do it now!

Please send me a private message with your address, and I'll try to send off some PCS games to you when I have a chance. Thanks!

you'd probably best run these under atari800win...

the other disk includes the pinball construction set games joyride pinball, and deep funk ..

something i did well before i came here..  

when unzipped they're in xfd format...

anyway, if you can get them to run, enjoy them.

Yeah. May be I'm stupid but what should I do with those binaries on the disk? They're not executables and I wasn't able to load them into Pinball Construction Set either...

Thanx,

F.

Hello,

I also made 2-3 pinballs with the PCS some years ago. recently I am collecting the pinballs created with PCS - at current I have 12 disksides each with 7-8 pinballs (all packed with Superpacker to save disk space)... So, if there is some interest in these pinballs, just e-mail me and I will return some ATR images to you... -Andreas.

P.S.: Mail: abbuc#abbuc*de

PPS: Other Pinballs: Night Mission by Sublogic, Pinball Simulator (?) by Codemasters, David`s Midnight Magic by Broderbund (and later Atari);

Yeah. May be I'm stupid but what should I do with those binaries on the disk? They're not executables and I wasn't able to load them into Pinball Construction Set either...

This is really weird, they run fine when loaded as executables from DOS but aren't recognized as binaries when extracted :?

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

This is really weird' date=' they run fine when loaded as executables from DOS but aren't recognized as binaries when extracted :?

--

Atari Froghttp://www.atarimania.com[/quote']

Wow. Really very interesting. Thanx for the hint. Knowing that conversion to standard binary executables was easy one. See the attachment.

F.

pinballs.zip

Ack - I found my PB Constr files and they dont work :(

I had to 'made games' that I am posting here along with my save disks.

The 'boards' atr works - the other 2 contain .pb files that Id like to play!!!!

When I tried the PB Constr Set in emu mode I am getting an error 146 when trying to load a board - say it aint so :(

magic.jpg

newworld.jpg

pbconstr_boards.zip

Has anyone tried this program on the black and white pinball games? It's located here: http://page6.org/pd_lib/pd_078.htm

Here's some of the blurb from the website:

For Pinball Construction Set fans everywhere, this unique program will convert those wishy-washy artifacted American colours into true solid colours for the PAL systems, the difference is remarkable! You don't need to own PCS however as the program will work on any Pinball file such as those on previous PAGE 6 disks. Here's your chance to have more fun in converting those old games and playing them again!

Has anyone tried this program on the black and white pinball games?  It's located here: http://page6.org/pd_lib/pd_078.htm

Here's some of the blurb from the website:

For Pinball Construction Set fans everywhere, this unique program will convert those wishy-washy artifacted American colours into true solid colours for the PAL systems, the difference is remarkable! You don't need to own PCS however as the program will work on any Pinball file such as those on previous PAGE 6 disks. Here's your chance to have more fun in converting those old games and playing them again!

I tried it. It just changes display list and makes some changes to number characters. See below.

F.

post-5049-1098474470_thumb.jpg

post-5049-1098474471_thumb.jpg

Well,

the PCS Color Converter by Matt Trimby (published by Page 6 and mentioned above) converts black and white + artifacting Gr. 8 (NTSC) pinballs into 4 colors Gr. 15 (PAL) pinballs. Thats it. You know, PAL TV`s are unable to display color artifacting, so the Gr.8 pinballs will only be black & white on a PAL tv which looks very boring. with the PCS color Converter you can convert these b/w pinballs and add some color. The original Atari Basic program was quite slow (10-15 minutes to convert one pinball program), so I speeded it up, by using the TB XL Compiler and later run it as a CTB File with Runtime (now it takes approx. 1 minute to convert one pinball program).

Of course there is also a cracked version of the PCS available that already has colors / creates 4 color pinballs (with a resolution of Gr. 15). It was made for the PAL users in mind, alas it converts the whole pinball into Gr.15 making the scores and highscores unreadable (the PCS Color Converter does not do that - at least the scores are still readable here)...

So, here is my "small" collection of 93 pinballs created with PCS (only 2 or 3 of them have been created by me)... -Andreas.

Well,

afaik PCS does save created pinballs in one of two possible ways:

a) as boards that can be used with the PCS only

b) as binaries that can be used without the PCS, by using a DOS or Gamedos

When choosing version b), the PCS will create a sort of appended file (length = 243 sectors). Use a DOS and its file copy option or simply a file/multi-file-copier and copy the file onto another disk. It will then have a length of 242 sectors and work fine under every DOS and Gamedos... -Andreas.