IGNORED

GFX editiors

liquid_sky

I am having one hell of a time trying to get these bad boys to work right.. showgfx has no pause and feeds it all out in a dos consloe box in the wink of an eye.. how am i suppost to get that into text so i can make my differ'nt strokes hack??

Oh Stanjr, Im working on some art for it since (i think) you said the art would be interesting.. its gary colman with signature fro and shirt with lil aligator but the alligator is a fuji and im trying to find a way to get a fuji afro pick up in there add true 70s flair.. then i plan to get todd bridges to have the imprint of a billly club in the face and in the wound ittl say (whatever i decide to name the hack)

well.. thats all i know everyone.. any help is great..

HA! And here I was afraid you had lost interest in the Diff'rent Strokes game. Though, wouldn't the pick actually be more appropriate in Todd's hair?

The Alligator/Fuji shirt for Arnold is PRICELESS!!!! I am so looking forward to this. I'll offset the cost if you can get this onto a cart for me!

Keeping the fire alive! Stan

That's odd...are you running it from the Dos prompt? Be sure not to forget the > character...this tells dos to "pipe" the text into a file instead of just throwing it up onto the screen. And watch your spacing.

BTW sent both you and liquid_sky a copy of the text file.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

From what i know the X mark like.. whats a good way to expalin..hmmm

code:

XXXXXXX

X X

XXXXXXX

That like represents an empty box drawn on the screen.. all the X's are are placeholders for graphicks

One bit of help for me...I cant find any useful sprites to edit in the keystone kapers dump, all i have located are the numbers for the score

also is it possible ot change colors in stuff?

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: liquid_sky ]

Yes, it's possible...but you would first need to locate the table of codes used to display the colors. The method I use is mostly guesswork, and kinda time-consuming. I just try to approximate the colors I see with matching Atari color codes, and look for a group of non-program bytes in the game that sorta fit the pattern. In disassemblies, these groups will come up as a lot of unrecognised or illegal opcodes.

BTW areas of graphics in Keystone Kapers:

0b01-0b06=ball

0b07-0b6a="crook" sprites

0b6b-0b86="jewel" sprites

0e3c-0eba="cop" sprites

0f00-0f50=number digits

0f51-0f56=bullet (# lives sprite)

0f60-0fbc=Activision copyright logo

There's some other things in-between the jewel and cop sprites...but the sprites get kinda messy. Remember to make your edited pictures the same size as the originals (use zeros if yours are shorter), and that most of the sprites are upside-down (this is normal and they will display correctly when the game is run).

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]