IGNORED

Can someone test this on a CC2

kenfused

WOW!!!

We almost have a totally playable 7800 version of Burger Ti...err...Beef Drop here!!!

EXCELLENT work Ken...

Now if only we could slow down the MESS emu so that it is actually playable...

Also on MESS the pepper bonuses seem to appear about every 10 seconds...and only last for about 2 seconds...hehe...

I know I have mentioned the graphics in the past. And I know that we are limited to 3 colors per spirte basically as I remember correctly? The lettuce needs something more on it still...and what about the platforms themselves? Can they be some other color besides the blue and green look we have now? I will have to fire up MAME on this sometime soon again and compare...

I like the pepper sound...it almost has an echo like effect as it fades out when you use it. Was this sound present in the 5200 version like this? I don't remember...?

Anyway, this is really really cool to see and I am really getting pumped over a new 7800 release...I do hope we see a 7800 cart release of this game..right?

Or will I have to get me a ballblazer cart and send it someone to get made?

:?

WOW!!!

We almost have a totally playable 7800 version of Burger Ti...err...Beef Drop here!!!

EXCELLENT work Ken...

Now if only we could slow down the MESS emu so that it is actually playable...

Also on MESS the pepper bonuses seem to appear about every 10 seconds...and only last for about 2 seconds...hehe...

The pepper bonus object appearing, depends on how many pieces that have been dropped to the bottom. The duration should be using a timer updated every vblank, so I would think that speed should be consistent in MESS. The problem is running to fast is because the main game loop speed kind of runs independent of the vblank interval and MESS doesnt handle that so well

I know I have mentioned the graphics in the past. And I know that we are limited to 3 colors per spirte basically as I remember correctly? The lettuce needs something more on it still...and what about the platforms themselves? Can they be some other color besides the blue and green look we have now? I will have to fire up MAME on this sometime soon again and compare...

In the arcade the platforms are blue and cyan?, the second of which always seems very hard to get right on an Atari. They should look a lot more like the arcade then the dithered colors used on the 5200 version. I think the lettuce is only one color on the arcade, but I am not against sprucing it up. The enemies I have two choices. 3 colors each, or I can do 12 colors per enemy but those 12 would be the same for all of the enemies. I will probably go this route eventually

I like the pepper sound...it almost has an echo like effect as it fades out when you use it. Was this sound present in the 5200 version like this? I don't remember...?

The sounds should be the same as the 5200, they code is currently just copies and pasted in.

There is no sound when I play it on the CC2 :? Am I missing something here (I have the pokey)

Are you using the A78POKEY bank switching file? Did earlier versions work?

There is no sound when I play it on the CC2 :? Am I missing something here (I have the pokey)

What banking method are you using? You need to use 78POKEY not 7800_32K.

Mitch

Once again I just want to ask about the possiblity of maybe recreating the 16k RAM Module that Curt has and maybe adding on a POKEY chip and perhaps more than 16k? Would anyone who is good with hardware consider that a worthwhile project? I've always wondered why they put so little RAM on the 7800. 4k seemed so small even by 84 standards...  :ponder:

The NES only had 4K as well.

What is all this talk of killing carts for Pokey?  Best sells Pokey chips for $5.  Nutty people.

Plus, I have to pay shipping from California to Ontario (which BEST charges a premium for), duty fees, processing fees etc.

To be honest, I thought it would be faster to get the POKEY out of my Ballblazer cart. I will eventually order something from BEST. It's just a hassle.

Once again I just want to ask about the possiblity of maybe recreating the 16k RAM Module that Curt has and maybe adding on a POKEY chip and perhaps more than 16k? Would anyone who is good with hardware consider that a worthwhile project? I've always wondered why they put so little RAM on the 7800. 4k seemed so small even by 84 standards...  :ponder:

The NES only had 4K as well.

The NES used that 4k completely differently, and more efficiently. The NES also had all sorts of mappers and in-cart stuff that took the load off the 4k, so to speak.

The NES used that 4k completely differently, and more efficiently.

True. I was just trying to point out that it wasn't unusual for a console of that error to have 4K of memory.

The NES also had all sorts of mappers and in-cart stuff that took the load off the 4k, so to speak.

Yes. A number of 7800 games had additional RAM in the carts as well (Jinks, Tower Toppler, Summer Games, Winter Games) though the Tramiel cheapness made this not all that common. The mappers and stuff was again a function of Nintendo being willing to invest and Jack not.

I've yet to try this game out yet. Does it require a pokey in the CC2 for sound? I still don't have one installed into mine yet. :(

I've yet to try this game out yet. Does it require a pokey in the CC2 for sound? I still don't have one installed into mine yet. :(

Yes it does, no Pokey = no sound.

Mitch