IGNORED

PS1 fix

Classic Pac

Some of you might of saw the post where someone had a disc read error on their playstation 1. Well the very same thing happend to me this past week. Except I went in to it a bit more and thought I post the results.

Disc Read Error means your laser died. I popped a disc in the CD spinned up and after a few seconds it stopped while holdng down the button where the CD goes.

Next big problem you know most gaming store don't sell any original Playstations with a pararell port. Why I don't know but let me tell you again they don't. A Pararell port was important to me simply for this reason I use my Gameshark and it plugs in there, my Gameshark is also my mod chip, a friend gave this combo unit. I also have a CDX Gameshark and have found some codes even though the codes work on the other Gameshark, they for some reason don't in the CDX.

Big Discovery: After getting my model 9000 back home I discovered it had the exact layout of my model 7500. Then I recalled something that a good friend told me. He had swapped Lasers with a friend of his Playstation went bad his for a totally different reason and it worked. I tried it and to my own surprise it worked. There are only 2 connections and I know better than to touch the laser. It's been 5 days since I swapped lasers and it still works.

If you need your pararell port like me they this, but be carefull.

• 2 weeks later...