IGNORED

What is your favorite MAME32 menu / frontend ?

Red 5

I know, I know... me again... but now that I have really started discovering MAME, I'm like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve.

It's a whole new fun world. :D :D :D

I was just wondering what other people have found to be a good menu for mame32.

If you could let me know the links too, I would like to try them out.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to the other questions I have asked. Everyone has been really helpful.

That's pretty impressive.

I obviously need to play around with it more.

I didn't realize it was THAT customizable.

While researching MAME I saw a lot of different menus and thought that I would one if I wanted it to look good.

The example you showed me is definitely good enough.

There was one menu that I was looking at that creates a 3-D arcade.

You "walk up" to the machine you want to play in the arcade and then the ROM starts. Overkill, but impressive.

Yeah don't get confused between MAME and MAME32. They are the same (both mame), but different. :) The former is command line based and can use frontends, the latter is a windows GUI based version of mame.

Get mame32. It's easier. http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa and check out the downloads page for backgrounds, icons, artwork etc. You'll have to go through fileplanet though which is both a pain and buggy.. :sad:

If you're in windows, there's an unusual but impressive frontend called 3DArcade (I think). It works by simulating a 3D arcade where you can walk around and see the various arcade cabinets, then walk up to one and play it. It's pretty cool, but it's a royal pain to get it set up. You need a lot of time on your hands to customize it. I've not been using it for a while and I'm not sure I want to mess with it anymore. But if you want something more immersive than picking games from a menu, then you might want to look at it.