IGNORED

Cab Question

cobracon

Hi all,

I am picking up a Stern Berzerk cab this weekend and need some input. I want to restore the cab itself back to its former glory. Right now its just a bare cab with artwork. It has to cp, bezel or marquee. I will be getting these soon. Heres the question: I don't want to repaint the cab and loose the original artwork, should I just clean the cab up and apply a clear finish to it after fixing the bottom corners? Or should I just clean it up?

I will be running mame inside, but with the original controls, I will not drills holes in the cpo. I can't see converting, thus wrecking an original cab. Even though I won't be able to play alot of games.

Normally on a cabinet that old I would argue toward preservation over restoration -- however, the fact that you're sticking a PC inside and running MAME on it throws that argument out the window.

You might be able to fix the corners, sand, and paint up TO the side art, leaving the side art intact. Then gloss over the entire thing.

Normally on a cabinet that old I would argue toward preservation over restoration -- however, the fact that you're sticking a PC inside and running MAME on it throws that argument out the window.

You might be able to fix the corners, sand, and paint up TO the side art, leaving the side art intact. Then gloss over the entire thing.

Thats a good idea, thanks. I to would rather restore the machine. As of right now I'm going to put a computer inside, but not drill or touch anything. Will use the original controls with an I-Pac.