IGNORED

You know what the 2600 needs...

King Atari

It really needs a decent translation of "M*A*S*H". Okay, the game by Fox isn't bad, but I don't recall ever seeing Hawkeye pilot a helicoptar (But I haven't seen every episode either, although I have seen a good deal of them). Maybe someone could hack a game or something, maybe even program a new one.

Hawkeye never PILOTED a chopper in the show and/or movie. I haven't played the M*A*S*H* game for 2600 but I've seen screenshots, it looks like the best possible translation. I'd be interested in a newer version. Its a great show and deserves the best.

Hot Lips Stan

Crack jokes while playing operation, I can only imagine... But seriously, it would have been better if you were driving a car to the injured, they could have even made a game where you have to go collect medical supplies

(kind of like ET but actually good, although I love that game. too).

Its a great show and deserves the best.  
I hear that, it's my favorite sitcom (technically it is a sitcom, but not the type modern audiences are used to). P.S.- Stan, that's got to be one of the funniest names you've made for yourself.

Thanks King. M*A*S*H* is my all time fav TV series. I'm hoping to get a copy of the 2600 game sometime, I had to pass on a couple at Cinci because I had run out of funds.

A jeep level could have been cool, but the chopper does feel more like the show and movie.

Stan Emerson Winchester III

Stan , i can probably get you a M*A*S*H game for 3 bucks + shipping (if its still there )its just the cart but its only 3 bucks , i have no idea what would be the best way to mail it would be , would a yellow envelope with bubble wrap on the inside be ok for shipping or should i find a really small box?

Oh and do you have these games Phoenix & Warlords (both missing end label)? these are my only extras and are yours if you dont already have them

let me know stan cause i can look tomorrow when i go out

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

Lemmi, you are the coolest! Slide that M*A*S*H* in a bubble wrap envelope and I will send you the 7 bucks (game price + shipping $3.50)! You rock.

However, I have the other two (my Warlords is mint and I have a pretty good Phoenix) Thanks anyway, sounds like you've got other takers on these though!

Drop me an e-mail with your mailing address!

Thankful Stan

I've been reading the M*A*S*H manual online here at Atariage, and this game sounds like a hoot! You compete against Frank Burns, Klinger rescues you if your chopper crashes, Col. Potter has medics jumping out of planes with no 'chutes! This thing sounds like fun. All that and its 2 player!

The only things missing are Col. Blake and Radar (and maybe that Winchester chap!). Obviously the game was made to capitalize on the later years of the show.

I sure hope Lemmi can get this thing for me tomorrow!

Stanicide is Painless

quote:

Hot Lips Stan

P.S.- Stan, that's got to be one of the funniest names you've made for yourself.

Actually it's not as funny as one might think. Its a little known fact that Stan actually does have hot lips. Altho Im going by rumors and not experience. I think this might be why everyone sends him their extra carts.

BTW Stan: Santa will be coming in a day or 2.

I liked the ColecoVision prototype myself... it's got more detailed graphics.

I have to admit though, both versions worked better than I would have expected. A show like MASH definitely does not lend itself well to the video game medium. Of course, this never stopped companies like Acclaim from making these games anyway... :P

I was worried for a while that they'd do something really stupid like take Jon Lovitz' old series The Critic and turn it into a bunch of crappy side-scrollers. Fortunately, it was never quite popular enough for people to consider this merchandising... but on the other hand, it wasn't popular enough to stay on the air either. (sigh)

JR

P.S. I always preferred the snobbish but more human Winchester to Burns, who was an annoying caricature of a man (no wonder they hauled him off to the looney bin later on in the series...). I think most people resented him, though, which is probably why David Odgen Stiers can't find much acting work these days.

Actually Ogden Stiers has starred in a good number of roles post M*A*S*H. Granted most of them were second tier flicks and often he played a father or somebody's uncle. He has also been in a number of TV movies (ugh) and he is still active (I believe) on the stage.

Burns was easier to hate because he was a true villain. He had one maybe two dimensions to his depth and was generally unredeemable. Charles brought a more human side to his foil role and was therefore perhaps more dynamic. For pure comedy and fun, the Burns era rules, but for the harder hitting drama/comedy blend, Charles' time takes the cake.

M*A*S*H Mouth Stan

As for the Golden Girls, come on! Who wouldn't marvel at the ability to guide Rue McClanahan through her post-menopausal sexual revolution. Or how about taking control of Bea Arthur as she battles her ex-husband Stan (no not me). This game would rule. (no, no it wouldn't)

Thank you for being a Stan

Stan:

As for the Golden Girls, come on! Who wouldn't marvel at the ability to guide Rue McClanahan through her post-menopausal sexual revolution. Or how about taking control of Bea Arthur as she battles her ex-husband Stan (no not me). This game would rule. (no, no it wouldn't)

UGH! I can't believe I read that statement