IGNORED

Couple questions about nintendo VS cab.

bjk7382

I just got 2 Nintendo Vs. UniSystem cabinets on tuesday. :D Top gun is in great condition, and the other (hogan's) has some scratches on both sides. I also have the holster setup but don't want to remove a joystick to install it correctly. I also need to find another gun and the wrench to open them up as the gun I have now is kind of touchy and needs to be smacked every once in a while.

I also got Duck Hunt, Super Mario Bros. and Excite Bike boards. All of them work except for the excitebike which comes up as a grey screen. I have already tried reseating the chips on the excitebike, but it stll won't come up.

I am afraid there might be a monitor problem with the Hogan's Alley machine. About every 5-10 minutes you can hear a static like sound coming from the monitor and when it does that the screen flashes (rolls) very fast. If anyone has any info on this, and how big of a hassle it is to fix, that would be great.

post-3803-1100204692_thumb.jpg

Man, I'd have one of those converted back to DK an on ebay for Christmas so fast.........

As for your monitor glitch, sounds like a cold solder. I would check around all the connectors on the monitor board (like where the input connector is) and also around the hold control knobs. Sounds like an easy enough fix. Nintendo monitors are not the easiest to work on, because there just seems to be wiring everywhere. Not a favorite of mine.

Cassidy

Man, I'd have one of those converted back to DK an on ebay for Christmas so fast.........

I already planned on converting one of them back to a real arcade machine (not just a glorified nes system)

I don't think I could scrounge up enough money to buy all the stuff I would need before christmas (DK board, repro sideart, monitor brackets, glass, marquee, control panel) but sometime down the road one of them will be a DK again. :) (and most likely the top gun cab, because it is very clean, and the monitor is great in that one also) I do have the conversion instrucion book, the gun intruction book, and the top gun instructions. I also have a few boards on ebay on my watchlist, and one has another gun.

As for your monitor glitch, sounds like a cold solder.  I would check around all the connectors on the monitor board (like where the input connector is) and also around the hold control knobs.  Sounds like an easy enough fix.   Nintendo monitors are not the easiest to work on, because there just seems to be wiring everywhere.  Not a favorite of mine.  

Cassidy

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out tonight after work. :)