IGNORED

Zaxxon Arcade

dr. kwack

Hey all,

About a year or so back I hacked Zaxxon into Super Zaxxon. It looked about as good as I thought it could.

Then, I decided to try and make plain old Zaxxon look a little more like it's arcade counterpart. It was actually kind of a neat project.

To me, Zaxxon on the 2600 is a big blocky mess. So, I shrank down all the enemies. This makes them look a little better and a bit more rounded (plus they are a bit harder to hit). I used the ColecoVision Zaxxon manual versus the Atari manual as a reference source as to what these guys were supposed to look like.

I based Zaxxon himself off of the arcade version. He's still kinda blah, but he at least looks a bit more like he should have.

Enjoy and critique.

zaxxonarcade.zip

Sorry for the delay in reply to everyone. I had Internet problems last night for some reason.

Anyway...

No screen shots NE. I've tried many times to do them and they never come out right. :? Feel free to pick up my shameful slack, anyone. ;)

I was originally considering Desert Falcon as a source, but there are too many weird things like the hopping motion of the bird/ship, the bonus pickups and weapons, etc. I'm no good with code as I've never had time to learn how to change stuff like that. I'm pretty much a graphics guy.

As for Super Zaxxon, it should be listed in the forum somewhere, but let me see if I have it in my files and I'll try to tack it up here.