IGNORED

MAME problem

Mock

Ok...so I finally started working on the MAME box...went with a 40G drive, 512M of PC 133 SDRAM and an Athalon 1.8 with a Rage Fury Pro 128 video card...ran video out to a 20 inch flat screen...running MAME 32 - XP Corp.

I have a full MAME .76 set with everything...artwork screenshots etc etc etc...I put in all the extras, now when I run the games it shows the outer part of the display? I just want the games...not the stuff that goes around the screen...tried pulling some of the stuff out and its still there....never saw it before and can't figure out how to get rid of it...the "border" throws the game off the screen top-bottom...so Pac Man has the bottom part of the maze cut off...whats the best way to fix this? I have been working on this all night and I'm kinda frustrated...I have read the forums at a few places, but I'm not sure what to call the outer border area so searches are not working out for me...lol. :?

any help from a couple of you MAME experts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also going to set up some atari EMU's and some stuff like that on this box...just a fun little experiment I wanted to try.

thanks...

Mock :ponder:

I think you are wanting to dump the "BEZELS" from your "Artwork" directory.

You'll probably still want to keep your "Backdrops" and "Overlays" though; most are scans/pictures of the pictures that were used in the games, with the gameplay projected onto them, like with the Moon picture in Space Invaders. There are a couple of others, like for Lunar Lander, Spy Hunter and Gorf off the top of my head, that are kinda bezels, but enhance the game, as there were bulbs behind in the originals which highlighted status, weapons etc.

You can see what's what on the MAME NET site here:

http://www.mame.net/downart.html

Also, if you don't want to delete anything, there are global options and individual game options which allow you to use/not use the Bezels.

It's been a while since I've used MAME, but I think if you Right-Click a game in MAME32, and select "Properties" from the context-menu, you will be treated to a dialog with multiple tabs. There is probably an "Artwork" tab. In there you should find the options you need.