IGNORED

Klax Review Online

Cousin Vinnie

Nice review Vinnie. I think Klax on the 7800 is my 2nd favorite version. My favorite being the Lynx version.

I am glad you gave credit to Mitch. I am very thankful to Mitch for his help. Without him, there would be no Klax.. or NTSC Sentinel.

BTW: Thanks to all for your patience. We are currently out of stock and are assemblying parts as fast as we can to make more. We orginally made a batch for the locals at NWCGE and had a few left over after the NWCGE Expo. Personaly, I didn't think they would sell so fast. We were taken off guard by the demand for all the games. We hope to have some more available soon.

-Lee

That was a great review, now I know what to expect from Klax when I plug it into my 7800 (I received my copy a few days ago--thanks Lee!) Unfortunately the ATI All-In-Wonder Pro card I generally use for playing games through isn't hooked up, so I won't be able to try it until I get that PC all squared away, or drag the 7800 to a television and play it there.

I'm not terribly surprised that the sound is poor, as this is one area where the 7800 is very weak. Most especially if they didn't put a POKEY chip in the Klax cart. Without the POKEY, you're basically stuck with 2600-quality sound, and we know how great that is. I'm glad to hear the gameplay didn't suffer, though..

..Al