IGNORED

What's up with Red label carts?

King Atari

Maybe its just my luck, but all my red label carts (except for "Dark Chambers", which is new/sealed) have a peg/tab missing. You know, the little things next to the chip that lock (?) the cart into the system. Is this common with red label carts? I've never had a problem like this with text/picture/silver label carts or anything by a third party. My PAL "Xenophobe" is like this, it's still my favorite game and all, but I kind of like my carts complete. Does this take the value on carts down at all?

All my red label games have all their prongs... however, the casing is slightly thicker on them than any other carts I have, so they don't fit as well into the Atari (I have to shove them in pretty hard).

I also have a Pole Position II that has a prong bent to one side... since I don't have a 7800 yet, I'm not sure if it's ruined or not.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

That's the 7800 game I had the problem with, carefully bend it back into position and it should be fine

I've tried doing this, but it doesn't seem to bend easily... and I don't want to push it too hard in case I accidentally break it off. Of course, the game is only Pole Position II, so it's pretty likely I'll end up getting another one of these without really trying to

--Zero