IGNORED

Conker Demo

PuddWakkr

Just had the chance to play the Conker demo. Game is very good. Without a doubt the best graphics that I've seen. Rare could make a profit just by creating flame effects for use in other people's games. It's only a one level demo but it's the Beach Invasion one - which is one of my favorite one's from the original version. Controls are good as well but the camera rotation seems a little slow for my tastes. Still the game is demo so I'm sure there is room for more improvement on that aspect. I was really looking forward to this game but now I just can't wait. Not sure if this is packed in with a magazine or what but it's easy to find if you have bittorrent. Small download of 246MB. Hopefully the game is closer to being released than everyone thinks. I'm hoping Xmas but I doubt it.

It's neat. When your floating waiting to get off the uboat and face certain doom the spray hits your screen and "drizzles" down it. I was like yeah that's new :roll: , then when the gate falls down the rain drops hitting the screen quickly turned a red color folowed by bulletholes being shot into my screen. I thought it was very cool, and very well done as well. Whether you like the games or not one thing Rare always did was give you high production value.

I wished they also included a "lighter" level on the demo as well. An early level that was brighter and less demanding, so my son (who plays the 64 version allthe time) could get some enjoyment out of it. He's only three and dies every minute or so on the beach level. He still likes it though.

When I went to GS to check out the DS before it came out, they had just gotten a copy in. Will a demo be available to the public by other non illegal means soon? Where can I get one? (NO DOWNLOADING!)

What is it a demo of? Crappy multiplayer or the awesome actual game? I really want to try out a level in the actual game. Screw the deathmatch. I saw that in action. I wanna see the actual game.

What the hell is a deathmatch mode doing in this comedic platform game, anyway? Talk about missing the point (or intentionally ignoring it to pander to an audience).

I really hate it when game companies completely change the direction of an established game series just to kiss the asses of mainstream gamers with more money than brains. Jak and Daxter was a pretty good game when it was first released... there was absolutely no reason to change it into an entirely different animal just to appease fans of the Grand Theft Auto series.

This kind of blind obedience to focus groups reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Peter Griffin creates his own adaptation of "The King and I", turning Anna into a cybernetic death machine and the Siamese children into women in tiny bikinis.

"Anna rules... 'cuz he kicked all the bad guys in their jewels!"

"Anna won... with his big gamma ray atomic gun!"

"In the country of Siam, there's no one as tough as I am, just as surely as Paul Lynde was gay!"

JR

What the hell is a deathmatch mode doing in this comedic platform game, anyway?  Talk about missing the point (or intentionally ignoring it to pander to an audience).
Conker: Live and Reloaded;

LIVE = Online deathmatch game

Reloaded = Remake of the original

Get it? Huh huh?? Get it! It's funny! Seriously though, I just want the original game!

What the hell is a deathmatch mode doing in this comedic platform game, anyway?  Talk about missing the point (or intentionally ignoring it to pander to an audience).

The original N64 game had a very entertaining deathmatch mode. It was a nice bonus and set up a lot of humorous situations for you and your friends to get into. Why shouldnt the X-Box version get a deathmatch mode also?