IGNORED

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

KAZ

There IS their treatment of SNK's titles. Gotta make it a 2-for-1 bundle deal, AND they don't get to ask a full 50$ for it?

Most of SNK's releases have been ports of older Neo-Geo (read: 16-bit) games. They'd get slaughtered if they were sold individually at $50.

And Viewtiful Joe, like everything else that even HINTS at being 2D(R-Type Final, anyone?), was forced to a bargain-bin pricepoint release.

Was that a move forced by Sony? I mean, really, think about it. Viewtiful Joe for GameCube was out for a year, and wasn't even released at $50 on that system when it first came out (it was $40). Since the GameCube version had been reduced to $20, what would be the point of Capcom releasing Viewtiful Joe for PS2 at $50 or even $40? Nobody would buy it.

It doesn't sound like Sony's decision here, but rather Capcom's. If that were indeed the case, then Capcom could just continue to sell the GameCube version at $40-50, since Sony couldn't stop them there.

R-Type Final was $30 at release...again, I think that was the publisher's decision. $30 is a great price for games like that or Gradius V, but at $50, they don't seem so tempting anymore.

There IS their treatment of SNK's titles. Gotta make it a 2-for-1 bundle deal' date=' AND they don't get to ask a full 50$ for it?[/quote']

Most of SNK's releases have been ports of older Neo-Geo (read: 16-bit) games. They'd get slaughtered if they were sold individually at $50.

SNK didn't seem to think so. As I understand things' date=' they were really really annoyed.

And Viewtiful Joe' date=' like everything else that even HINTS at being 2D(R-Type Final, anyone?), was forced to a bargain-bin pricepoint release.[/quote']

Was that a move forced by Sony? I mean, really, think about it. Viewtiful Joe for GameCube was out for a year, and wasn't even released at $50 on that system when it first came out (it was $40). Since the GameCube version had been reduced to $20, what would be the point of Capcom releasing Viewtiful Joe for PS2 at $50 or even $40? Nobody would buy it.

It doesn't sound like Sony's decision here, but rather Capcom's. If that were indeed the case, then Capcom could just continue to sell the GameCube version at $40-50, since Sony couldn't stop them there.

I'd grant that one if it weren't for the others...

Anyways, given they're hitting a market that hasn't had access to the 'Cube version, they could've asked more at launch than for the 'Cube version currently.

R-Type Final was $30 at release...again, I think that was the publisher's decision. $30 is a great price for games like that or Gradius V, but at $50, they don't seem so tempting anymore.
I'm quite doubtful, personally.

• 9 years later...