IGNORED

Atari BBS's

atarigamer

Someday I may put my old Carina II BBS, Phantasmal Alchemy, back online. Not sure that I'll have it hooked up to a phone line, but I may hook it up to the Internet. You'd be able to connect with a PC running an ATASCII terminal emulator, or a real Atari 8-bit using APE to emulate a serial connection via your PC. It'll probably be a while before I do that, as I need some more hardware, such as an ICD MIO board (preferrably 1MB), R-Time 8 clock cartridge, Atari Rev. C BASIC (which I can probably burn myself), and so forth. As well as a copy of Carina II, although I imagine I can get my hands on that easily enough.

..Al

OHHHHH L.O.R.D. and usurper were GREAT. My favorite though was one with barney where you tried to kill him and all the kids and get everyone high. I know it sounds immature but it REALLY was fun

I ran a BBS for about 5 years before they died out. Heart of the Wulf. That's when AOL first pissed me off because they pretty much killed all of the BBS's that were around. The only one I ever called long distance was &TOTSE.

There must be a site around here somewhere that still has these games up and running. How hard could it be? I'd love to play Usurper again....

i know the phonelosers have a telenet bbs with tradewars l.o.r.d. l.o.r.d. 2 some game where you are a pimp.. and a few others.. i was very good at it before the bbs crashed and threy lost all my stuff then i said screw it

http://www.phonelosers.org find the telnet link.. i dunno if its up anymore, evilcal was having probs with it and bitchin bout it last i heard

Pimpwars. Never did get into that one. I was heavily into Usurper tho, and Assassin, and Wasteland, and Modem Wars. I was working on a port of both Wasteland and Modem Wars (called Hacker in my port -- and my version was rather better :-) on the Atari ST way back... woulda been great if I'd finished those. Even worked out a great universal terminal emulation scheme that internally handled ANSI and VT52 using the same routine, using an escape sequence lookup table. Ah, those were the days...

quote:

Originally posted by Sylentwulf:

OHHHHH L.O.R.D. and usurper were GREAT. My favorite though was one with barney where you tried to kill him and all the kids and get everyone high. I know it sounds immature but it REALLY was fun

That game was called Barney Splat, I have it on my BBS

If everyone is interested in simply playing DOOR games rather than a BBS with actual Atari stuff, hence the topic name-- Simply download the BBS software.

I have the BBS software installed called Renegade. It is Freeware and is very easy to setup and use. Currently I have about 45 DOOR games installed