IGNORED

Songebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom and the 2600?

-^CrossBow^-

This might belong in classic gaming...but since I am talking about a modern game...it fits here as well.

I don't know how many have played this game yet. But it is a pretty decent platformer. There are a few really nerve wacking parts with precision timing required..but otherwise I am now up to about 68 spatulas and getting there...

However, there is a part in the Goo Lagoon area where you visit a carnival of sorts. There is a skee-ball section where as Spongebob you bubble-bowl into this skee-ball. Anyway, I noticed immediately that when a bubble goes into one of the holes for points...there is a certain 2600 jumping sound familiar to all that is played. When you manage to get a bubble into a 50 pointer in the corners of the skee-ball lane, you get a certain level completed sound from the same 2600 game.

I was very surprised to hear this, considering that just about any sounds could have been used but that THQ decided to use sounds from an old console home game to supply the sound effects of this skee-ball. I don't think they did it out of pure laziness, I think they did it as a homage..but I wanted to know your opinion?

I have the PS2 version of this BTW, but I am sure the same sounds are present on all platforms of this game.

P.S. Is there a shortcut for getting the 40,000 shiny objects I need to open the movie theatre?! That will take me all night for sure to collect that many at once?!