IGNORED

Commodore 64 direct-to-TV w/30 games is here!

Flojomojo

If you move the joystick real fast to the left and right (like you are playing speed-skating) during the boot up process you will bring up a different screen which lists some extra games. Move the joystick up the the game you want and press the left fire button to load the game.

That's it, I'm ordering another stick to keep intact and I'm going to add a keyboard to this one!

Wow, reading up on some of this information is fascinating. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these now. I see they are producing 250,000 of these (!!) and that QVC got the first 30,000 and the rights to sell them exclusively through the beginning of the year. Wonder where they'll show up after that?

..Al

I'm not so hot with a soldering iron, but putting a KB on this thing looks like it would be a nice low-risk project.  If I fried it, I'd only be out the $30.  Much cheaper than XBOX hacking!

I want to be able to load from flash ROM.  I wonder what that would entail?

I was going to say flash ROM, yeah! Or a PC USB or Serial...but then again if it could do that, why not just run an emulaor...

Hi there!

I was going to say flash ROM, yeah! Or a PC USB or Serial...but then again if it could do that, why not just run an emulaor...

Hm... then I could try packing _all_ Epyx games into the ROM, even the bigger ones and the ones with licensing issues (G.I. Joe, Dragonriders of Pern...) and when succeeding I'd have a portable Epyx Shrine :lol:

Greetings,

Manuel

Whoa, so this thing is hackable.....Interesting. :!:

Be interesting to buy one and do that. Hook up a keyboard and disk-drive. Wonder if a printer would work.

For that matter, I wonder if points can be taped for a user port, cassette and cartridge? THAT would be, as they say, "F'in Sweet"! :P

So I found out my stick shipped Friday. I'm excited. So I've seen the hacked stick running BASIC on Jim Brain's site. Again, I'm excited. Since I haven't opened and sautered anything since I was a kid though, I won't be going that route. I'd still like to know if there's a button combo to get to BASIC +without+ hacking it apart and if anybody has found it.

I'd still like to know if there's a button combo to get to BASIC +without+ hacking it apart and if anybody has found it.

Go to the top of the third page of this tread for the wiggle hack and go down to my next response about the keyboard. It's a pain to use the on-screen keyboard though! :D

Gosh! The hackability of this thing is amazing! I like what one guy did where he put a ribbon cable out for every solder point to a big box with a power supply and all the interfaces.

Although I picked up a C64 in the late 1990s .. I never got any stuff for it to make it useful and ended dumping it in preference for the A8 stuff I was finding.

I will probably take the plunge!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA