IGNORED

Stella Question

Lauren Tyler

I keep trying to take a snapshot in Stella, but I can never find the picture anywhere.  Where will the file be saved, and what will it be saved as?

What version of Stella are you running, and under which platform (Linux, OSX, Win32)?

Please post the contents of your stella config file (named stella.ini for Win32, stellarc for Linux). That file contains the keys 'ssname' and 'ssdir'.

The 'ssdir' key is the location where a file is stored, and by default it in $HOME in Linux and the same directory in Windows.

The 'ssname' key is how to name the snapshot. This can either be 'romname' (for actual ROM image) or md5sum (for the MD5 of the ROM).

So, for example, assume a ROM with name of 'River Raid' and MD5 of '12345xx'.

If you set ssdir="c:" and ssname="romname", the snapshot will be called "C:River Raid.png". If you set ssname="md5sum", the snapshot will be called "C:12345xx.png".

BTW, all this is fully documented in the manual that comes with Stella. Please read it :)

I don't know about Stella, but MESS will save you a screenshot. I'm running Mac 9.2, and I save a screenshot by cmd->S. By default it saves the file as a .png Quicktime in the Screenshots folder. Hope that helps. Come to think of it, I don't think I even have the screenshot option on my version of Stella.