IGNORED

Christmas is coming all too quickly this year, and I'm running out of time to get presents.  More particularly, I have a 13yr-old boy and a 9yr-old girl that I am shopping for.

Earlier this year, they each got Gameboy Advance handhelds from their mother.  I thought a couple of games would do the trick.  Tonight I picked up a copy of Metal Slug Advance for the 13yr-old, but I'm still at a loss for the other.  My experience is that the majority of GBA carts are not worth the plastic they are encased in while the other 10 or 12% are gems.  Are there any good games that might appeal to a 9yr-old girl?  She is a big fan of Spongebob; are any of the GBA Spongebob games any fun?

Do any of the GBA Bomberman titles have a battle mode through the link and using one cartridge?  I would be happy to get the two of them playing together if I could, but I'm on an extremely limited budged and don't want to spend money for two seperate cartridges!  

Any other suggestions are very much welcome as well.  They have a Gamecube, PS2, X-Box, as well as PC's running Windows, so suggestions for these systems would work as well, although I was hoping to give them each something of equal value that wouldn't be fought over.   I'm more of a classic gamer and I don't really know what good games are out for any of these systems, so forgive me for my ignorance.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

What is she like? Is she a girly-girl or more of a tomboy? Does she like Harry Potter? If she does Prisoner of Azkaban(XB for sure might be on the others) is pretty fun. She also might like Beyond Good and Evil(XB/GC). My son is 9 and he has the Golden Spatula Sponge Bob for the GBA and liked it pretty well. Rayman 3 if she likes platformers. Jak and Daxter for the PS2 was pretty good if you don't have that. Pitfall is good... I'm trying to think of colorful games, but its hard to say. Need more info.

The first GBA version of Bomberman (Bomberman tournament) has a perfect link mode needing only one cartridge. It's my favourite version of the game on any platform, seems to have the best elements of all other Bomberman games.

What is she like? Is she a girly-girl or more of a tomboy? Does she like Harry Potter? If she does Prisoner of Azkaban(XB for sure might be on the others) is pretty fun. She also might like Beyond Good and Evil(XB/GC). My son is 9 and he has the Golden Spatula Sponge Bob for the GBA and liked it pretty well. Rayman 3 if she likes platformers. Jak and Daxter for the PS2 was pretty good if you don't have that. Pitfall is good... I'm trying to think of colorful games, but its hard to say. Need more info.

What do I know about her...? She's a fun kid to talk to; She acts about 5 or 6 years older than she is. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought she was older than her brother. It's hard to say if she is more of a tomboy or a girly-girl; she's a chameleon of sorts... kind of fits in with any group. Even at nine, she's got one of those pretty faces... she's going to break a lot of hearts one day. I would assume that she likes Harry Potter - who in their right mind doesn't? I know that she loves her daddy, Spongebob (possibly for the fact that her daddy does), and cats. She's the kind of kid who would be happy with whatever she gets just because she was thought of. I just want to get her something that she'll have some fun with. Honestly, as you can tell, I don't know that much about her. Last year I think I got her two Disney games for the computer and a Spongebob art kit with markers and paper.

Oh I think you know her pretty well. Don't forget Barbie! I know not every little girl is into Barbie, but if she is there are so many great things to choose from with that. I just saw the Barbie Fashion Mall at TRU Saturday, and yes the little girl in me said "I want!"

Also if you get stuck rather than cash there are always gift cards. If she's a reader get her one for a bookstore. And she's probably getting close to the age when clothes are starting to matter so a gift card to someplace like The Limited 2 might be appreciated.

The only thing I like more than getting gifts is buying gifts. I love trying to find things people don't ask for, but that they will like. Good Luck and happy shopping (especially if you do it online!).

:)