IGNORED

"Bobby Go Home".

King Atari

I just played the ROM of "Bobby Go Home", what a game. X-BOX easily has nothing on this game's graphics. My question is, is this an original release by a foreign company, or is it a pirate of some NTSC game? I can imagine how they named it, too, some dude is thinking of a name and the neighbor's kid keeps knocking on the door "BOBBY, GO HOME!!! Hey, that's a pretty good name!".

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

Are you talking about
Bobby Geht Heim
or
Bobby Geht Nach Hause
or
Bobby is Going Home
? If you are, then no, there is no officially licensed NTSC counterpart to the game. However, I believe that there are pirate versions of that game in NTSC format.

It's a pretty good game, by the way.

I don't know any NTSC versions too. But I'm currently doing a lot of hacks which will convert PAL games into NTSC (for Cuttle Cart users), Bobby is going Home is one of them. I will post those hacks to AtariAge quite soon and hope they will find a place for them.

BTW: If you like this kind of game, you should also try Lilly Adventure (also currently not available in NTSC)

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Yes, I know Lilly Adventure. I have this too. It also calls Alice Abenteuer. I think is the same programmer as Bobby is going home. Near the same gameplay as Bobby. Or maybe a hack of Bobby?

Definitely not a hack, the code is completely different.

But it could be done by the by same programmer or maybe as a clone by a different company (like Phoenix + Demon Attack).