IGNORED

Latest Catch - Asteroids

Dr Galaga

I finally have an Atari arcade game - Asteroids. I picked it up from a local gaming store about a mile from my house. Earlier this summer I thought that I saw the sideart of an Asteroids game through an open door of the store. I got in touch with Tiggerthehum to see if he knew anything about it. The guy bought it broken and had it repaired a few years ago. It's been sitting in his store and he has been trying to sell it ever since. I thought I was going to have to haggle with him - but his price was a little less than what I was willing to pay.

My comments about the cabinet is: it is freakin' heavy (I think it weighs more than my Coke machine) and we almost could not stand it up in my basement - due to the shape and the fact that it was on a handtruck. We had to wiggle, slide and move it around for awhile before we could stand it up!

One final comment about it: It is one clean machine on the inside. My other games have the wiring all hacked up from either the person before installing a switching power supply or making it jamma. I almost fell to the floor when I saw all of the wires neatly wrapped and the board actually attached to the original holders.

Things to do to it (I already replaced the bulb and starter): Install new buttons and a high score save kit. I think the white buttons have been on there since 1979. They are all cracked and chipped. All of these should be arriving by this weekend. :D

How much do asteroid machines go for? My neighbor has one in excellent condition (I think it was 100% privately owned) but it recently stopped working, probably not much to fix it. How much do they go for since he's been wanting to get rid of it. He actually offered to give it to me when I had planned on making a MAME cab, but that'd be wrong to chop up a perfectly good (working at the time) asteroids