IGNORED

Instruction manual variations

johnnywc

ATARIPITBULL -

That is exactly what I'm looking for - I just can't find it! Could you do me a favor and post a link (or instructions on how to get) to the section on the web site that has this info? I can easily find the Label Guide and variations, but I have no luck finding the Manual Guide...

Thanks!

We just recently started putting large numbers of 2600 manuals online and will continue to do so over the next few months as Alex and I scan all the manuals in our personal collections. It's a large undertaking, as there are hundreds of 2600 games, and many of them (especially from Atari) had more than one style of manual. Although you won't see different manual styles online yet, we do have support for it and as soon as I put up the Color Atari manuals, it'll be more apparant (most of the black & white Atari manuals that were included with Text labels are now online).

Also, the link sway3 posted lists all games, regardless of whether they have manuals or not. We'll be adding the ability to only show titles that actually have manuals to make it easier to find what you're looking for (the same is true on the individual box scans, cart scans and screenshots pages as well).

If you have any suggestions, we're always open to them. And as I said earlier, the number of 2600 manual scans on AtariAge will continue to grow in the coming months, both through our own scans and those kindly submitted by AtariAge visitors.

..Al

Just wondering... what are the plans for multilingual manuals? I have a manual for Basic Programming that is in five languages, and about 50 pages long! Not to mention all the non-US Jaguar games (Lynx too?) came with multilingual manuals. Considering that the rest of the site is in english, I'm not sure how much attention the other sections would get... But they are different variations after all.

--Zero

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

Just wondering... what are the plans for multilingual manuals? I have a manual for Basic Programming that is in five languages, and about 50 pages long! Not to mention all the non-US Jaguar games (Lynx too?) came with multilingual manuals. Considering that the rest of the site is in english, I'm not sure how much attention the other sections would get... But they
are
different variations after all.

They'll all be going online as we acquire/scan them and as other people scan them for us. I have a few of these myself, in fact, for the 2600. We're just concentrating on all the English manuals that came with North American releases right now. Once we get through that huge pile, then we'll start adding the variations.

As for the Jaguar, I think most of the US releases came with tri-lingual manuals. When I was feverishly scanning Jaguar manuals for our Jaguar section, I only scanned the English sections of these manuals. Someday I'll go back and complete htem.

..Al

Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately, I don't think I phrased my question correctly. I am aware that instruction manuals are online (thank you sway!) but I was looking for a page that describes the types of instructions by company, much like the Label Variations Guide.

Basically, it would list manual variations by company with a picture and description of each type. Does this page exist somewhere on this site?

Thanks again and sorry about the confusion...