IGNORED

32-1 OS

Goochman

Ok,

Having seen the screenshots Ive got some questions Steve!

I see the MyIDE OS in there - will that allow me to boot from the HD directly? I have the MyIDE external cart now

I have your 4in1 OS installed - can I simply snap out this one and install the new one or does it require more effort?

Does it include the 'real 800 OS' vs the PD one? The 4in1 800 OS gets barfed on by some EA copy protection (thinks a cart is in memory)

I have a 130XE btw :)

Maybe another OS to add would be one with the USB drivers installed???

Does it include the 'real 800 OS' vs the PD one? The 4in1 800 OS gets barfed on by some EA copy protection (thinks a cart is in memory)

Yeah I had some problems with this 'fake' 800 OS as well. Is there a way to replace it with the real 800 OS?

Tempest

Ok,

Having seen the screenshots Ive got some questions Steve!

I see the MyIDE OS in there - will that allow me to boot from the HD directly?  I have the MyIDE external cart now

Yes the 'I' and 'E' versions are both there, so you can boot either with the internal or external version of Mr Atari's IDE hardware.

I have your 4in1 OS installed - can I simply snap out this one and install the new one or does it require more effort?

You can just remove the 4-in-1 and its switch assembly, then plug in the 32-in-1 into the OS rom socket. There is a wiring harness with 3 internal solder connections. After thats connected you just hold down 'select' while powering up to change your OS selection.

Does it include the 'real 800 OS' vs the PD one?  The 4in1 800 OS gets barfed on by some EA copy protection (thinks a cart is in memory)

Both, I think the real OSB rom works better for most 800 stuff.

I have a 130XE btw :)

Installation instructions for the 130XE are at:

http://www.atarimax.com/warpos/

Maybe another OS to add would be one with the USB drivers installed???

Hopefully there will be such a thing some day. :)

Steve

I've been using the 32 in 1 OS on a 130XE for about a year. Works great, I've only played around with the standard variations and maybe the PAL roms which are a great idea. I'm planning to get around to using the MyIDE and Omnimon OS's.

Anyways, I haven't been a good beta tester because I've only had one or two questions for classics but the mod has been rock solid and it's great to have all the options on one machine. I don't really feel too guilty about not reporting back because having a baby this year took up a lot of time, believe it or not :D