IGNORED

Turbo Tapes

Serblander

Well, as you see in auction's description the turbo tape ystem were quite popular in Eastern Europe mainly due to very high disk drive prices.

IIRC the new system was first invented in Czechoslovakia, where some guys have invented the new load-system (similar as on ZX-Spectrum tape).

Then were many modifications to the TURBO system (single- or multiblock format, with or without protection, and so on...)

On this auction Nir sells a few tapes which are recorded in KSO Turbo 2000 system. The game/program loads 11 times faster than from tape in normal. Well - i know that is nothing when compared to disk drive but now you don't wait so long as previously... :)

Also in this system the game or program is recorded using the 3kB blocks. There are loaders which allow you to load some of programs that normally don't work with TURBO systems due to using the same parts of memory as the TURBO system.

Well - in the beginning of 90s i also had my XC12 modified to this system and i found it good (the cost of it was more than 20 times smaler than the disk drive - so there's the truth!)

:)