IGNORED

6-Pack Cartridge Box Question

Atari Rescue Group

My brother just found a an old shipping box with 6 brand new Warlords in it. One of them was opened by the person he bought it from--apparently they didn't know what they were.

The Atari part number code on the bottom of the shipping box is C012738.

On the box there's a stamped "CX2610" which is the Warlords item number and below it is another code number: "092ELP"

What's that number for?

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda interesting. On the lower part of that box is the "___OF___"

That's probably for shipping and receiving purposes for like "1 of 7" packages. For sure it was hard to buy just one back then when things were going good.

I think he's gonna Ebay this batch. He's already got a boxed Warlords and he and I don't collect sealed games.

And something about opening sealed games from back in the day that makes you feel like a kid again. :D

Sacrellige!

Well, I can't say that. I've opened sealed games and hardware -- but only when I have more than one. :) Yes, it is rather exciting opening a new item -- taking it out of the box, looking at its minty goodness, leafing through the pages of a manual no one has ever touched before. *sigh*

It's kinda interesting. On the lower part of that box is the "___OF___"

That's probably for shipping and receiving purposes for like "1 of 7" packages. For sure it was hard to buy just one back then when things were going good.

I think he's gonna Ebay this batch. He's already got a boxed Warlords and he and I don't collect sealed games.

Hey, if he's asking a reasonable amount I'd take a pair. :-)

MegaManFan wrote:  

And something about opening sealed games from back in the day that makes you feel like a kid again.  

Sacrellige!  

Well, I can't say that. I've opened sealed games and hardware -- but only when I have more than one.  Yes, it is rather exciting opening a new item -- taking it out of the box, looking at its minty goodness, leafing through the pages of a manual no one has ever touched before. *sigh*

I plan on opening my sealed games one day. Saving them for sometime special. I was thinking for my 50th birthday party in twenty years; have all my Atari friends over and fire up the system with brand new games. At some point, I feel like I can do that. Maybe not all of the sealed ones, but some.

Off topic: Bought a Speeder Bike in Vegas (ROTJ original, sealed mint in box) and decided to open it. What a rush of nostalgia that was. I really enjoyed that feeling. Still had that plastic-y smell I remembered. Quickly closed it all up neatly :)

Cassidy