IGNORED

Ft Washington Arcade auction?

Curt Vendel

Anybody else attend?

I went down to meet up with Seth Soffer and Andy Welburn to deliver a Pong arcade and to pick up a Star Trek arcade over in S. New Jersey....

Got there around 9am or so, there were maybe 300 machines I'd guess, quality was so-so on some, minty on a few gems...

Stayed till about 11:30am to run to pick up the Star Trek.... bidding seems very sparse and bids were really not climbing...

I'm curious, did anybody see what the 1978 Star Trek pinball sold for?

Who's multi-pac boards were in those gorgeous walnut cocktail tables???

They had 9 games in them, the menu was fantastic....

I saw one in a Ms Pac cabinet over by the prizes for vendors area, looked inside, the board was about 4" x 6"

Curt

Who's multi-pac boards were in those gorgeous walnut cocktail tables???

They had 9 games in them, the menu was fantastic....

I saw one in a Ms Pac cabinet over by the prizes for vendors area, looked inside, the board was about 4" x 6"

Curt

Those are called 3in1, 6in1, 9in1 or 39in1 whatever number of games they have. They are just single board computers running mame. I think the cheapest ones are around $300. The newer ones look pretty good, the older ones have a lot of little things not quite right. Namco is starting to shut these guys down.

The newest thing is to use Jakks pacman toy video game instead to make a 5 in 1 and use a TV instead of a monitor. Not only do you pocket the extra $285 difference, you're actually legal. Of course the monitors horizontal but people don't seem to notice.

I really wanted to go, but this weekend was fully booked already  :|  

I hope deals were had..

Probably, I heard it was about 85% buybacks. So if anyone dropped off games to sell and didn't stay to protect them they went cheap. Last time I did that I sold a nice track and field for $45. The bad thing though is if the people bringing the machines didn't sell any of them may quit coming. The Auction company says they lost $10,000, them may not be in a hurry to have another one either.

I really wanted to go, but this weekend was fully booked already  :|  

I hope deals were had..

Probably, I heard it was about 85% buybacks. So if anyone dropped off games to sell and didn't stay to protect them they went cheap. Last time I did that I sold a nice track and field for $45. The bad thing though is if the people bringing the machines didn't sell any of them may quit coming. The Auction company says they lost $10,000, them may not be in a hurry to have another one either.

I don't want people to lose money either - that sucks.

It's kind of a tough time to have a show. Most of everyone's money is allocated for gifts and such and trying to make time to go is rough as well..

Yeah, that happened here to one of our auctions. The consigners started bringing less stuff, and less people came, and the consigners brought even less stuff, and even less people came etc, etc. I went to one of the last autions and he had 12 videos and 2 jukeboxes. :(

Around here at least,the prices have really gone down anyway. I hope it isn't spreading everywhere. At least now we can still send our stuff to Dallas and get a decent price.

No, I'm in Kansas City. I do have cabs for sale though. I've got a rare working Formula K that I don't have room for, and I really need to get rid of. It's the sister game to Gran Trak that was the first driving game. I'd take $125 for it.

Most of the stuff I have needs work though, I just don't have time to do it. I'm not going to make the time since they haven't been selling for much lately. A fully restored Ms Pacman wouldn't hardly make enough to pay for the new artwork at the last few auctions here.

Anybody else attend?  

I went down to meet up with Seth Soffer and Andy Welburn to deliver a Pong arcade and to pick up a Star Trek arcade over in S. New Jersey....

Its a small world it would seem, those 2 are the guys shipping my Warlords table from the US. Andy lives about an hour down the road from me, I bought a cab from the guy who shares his workshop, and another from his landlord.... :ponder:

Theres some serious inbreeding going on here or something, you lot are worse than the bikers... :?

Do all you arcade guys know each other or what ? Is it a secret sect or something ???

Si

Anybody else attend?  

Its a small world it would seem, those 2 are the guys shipping my Warlords table from the US. Andy lives about an hour down the road from me, I bought a cab from the guy who shares his workshop, and another from his landlord.... :ponder:

Theres some serious inbreeding going on here or something, you lot are worse than the bikers... :?

Do all you arcade guys know each other or what ? Is it a secret sect or something ???

Si

Pretty much. I know Andy too. He dumped a board for me for the MAME project.

Wait till I tell you we all went to school together.....(eerie music in the background....)!

Seriously, its a small community. You want to stay in the "good" with all the players :)

I heard that some of the big East Coast dealers got calls mid morning to bring more equipment to the show. I agree the timing was poor, but I have done well as a seller right befor Christmas before (home owners buying gifts). Mostly it was cheap stuff (JAMMA fighters and such), but some Ms. Pacs. Those &*^%$ multi boards are making for a tough sell on the real ones. Wait until somebody tries to get one serviced!

Cassidy

There was a big "Super Auction" here in Dallas this past weekend. I did not attend, but I saw a report from a vendor who did and he said there were a large number of machines, that the auction ran until 2:30am (!) and that they were many good deals for those who stuck around. I've been to this auction before and picked up some cabinets at pretty good prices.

I agree that having an auction like this two weeks before Christmas is a bit odd, but it does give people to buy machines for home, relatively inexpensively, as nice Christmas gifts. :)

..Al

How to they charge a quarter for these jacks pacman machines? Are they real units or just look it? I know about the mame and pirate boards. Just never heard of something so crazy, That and a tv in the unit.

ussexplorer

The Jakks machines at the last auction I went to were just your average jamma cabs painted black. They had a nice looking marquee that said 5 in 1. There was black plexi for the bezel so you couldn't tell it was a tv. I'm not sure you could tell anyway if they took the case off. At first glance I didn't even notice they were different than the other 3in1's and 6in1's. When someone said something about it I went back to look a little closer and it was obvious the vertical games were horizontal. There's no way they can take coins so if someone bought one for location they were scammed. But these are mostly home buyers that buy these multigames anyway. The ops around here won't touch those 3in1 machines anyway. BTW there was an article on the net a few weeks ago about Namco busting an outfit for selling machines with the 3in1 etc boards in it.

The last auction before christmas is supposed to be the big money maker for the year. That's why I'm a little concerned about it turning into a loser. We had ours Sunday, but I couldn't go so I don't know how it did. I'm trying to get away from selling games anyway, I do better selling replacement parts. BTW that reminds me if anyone needs Vram addressers or sync bus cards for pacman I have them 4 for $50.