IGNORED

Krokodile Kart Kwestion........

Blackjack

Forgive my ignorance but Mac's only have USB these days, right?  :ponder:

Yes, but you can get USB to Serial devices. Andrew Davie has stated that he might do a Java version of the Krokodile Commander software, which would allow a broader range of platforms (hopefully including OS X, as that is what I use full-time) to take advantage of the Krokodile Cart.

..Al

Right, you can get those devices, I was actually thinking about getting one and seeing if it would work like a stelladapter...

Forgive my ignorance but Mac's only have USB these days, right?  :ponder:

Yes, but you can get USB to Serial devices.

True, but their reliability is questionable at best. I tried one of those out on an IMac I have with an old printer I had and it only worked once in a great while.

Andrew Davie has stated that he might do a Java version of the Krokodile Commander software, which would allow a broader range of platforms (hopefully including OS X, as that is what I use full-time) to take advantage of the Krokodile Cart.

..Al

That'd be a very nice thing to see.

Surfing the Internet on an ancient 800 > using windows based OS.

I've already decided I'm going to buy this thing....

It sounds really cool, and honestly, that's probably more realistic to how game development was done back in the day.

I just have to wait until after the honeymoon and tax return. I'll probably be ready to buy it in 2 months... regardless if it's out or not.. I'll just do the pre-order.

I'm soo psyched....

Yes, but you can get USB to Serial devices.  

True, but their reliability is questionable at best. I tried one of those out on an IMac I have with an old printer I had and it only worked once in a great while.

I have never tried one, although I have a few serial devices I wish I could use with my Mac (such as my EPROM burner). However, these devices would also require Mac software, so a USB to Serial adapter won't help me there. But I'd definitely like to explore being able to use the Krokodile Cart in this manner, once there is a native Java version of the Krokodile Commander software.

I'd also like to use one of the older Apple Extended II keyboards, need to see if there's some sort of ADB->USB adapter available (surely there must be, judging by how many companies are still selling new and refurbished Extended II keyboards!)

Surfing the Internet on an ancient 800 > using windows based OS.

I'm not really a Windows fan either, but I'm not sure I'd quite go that far. :)

..Al

Is there a certain format the rom names should be in so the KK will understand them. For example can the rom names have spaces in them, do they need to be a certain length and no longer etc...

Just trying to get my roms organized so I can utilize this baby as soon as I get it.

:)

I know how big a deal a release can be, so I was wondering if the Krokodile Cartridge is beginning to ship today (like it says on the store page)...   :?:

Yes, it's taken a touch longer than expected. Armin is finishing up production of the first batch of carts, which he will then ship to me. We are also working on the labels, manuals, and CD to be included, but that work should all be done by the time I receive the carts, so I will be able to ship them out immediately upon receipt. I will send an update soon to everyone who pre-ordered the Krokodile Cart.

..Al

Yes, it's taken a touch longer than expected.  Armin is finishing up production of the first batch of carts, which he will then ship to me.  We are also working on the labels, manuals, and CD to be included, but that work should all be done by the time I receive the carts, so I will be able to ship them out immediately upon receipt.  I will send an update soon to everyone who pre-ordered the Krokodile Cart.  

..Al

Thanks for the official update, Albert! Very much appreciated! (Ack! But I can hardly wait...) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question... I just read about this awesome cart and it sounds great! I suppose it hasn't shipped yet as it's not the 15th... my question is how long will it be available? I just dropped some cash on some homebrews the other day (I'm excited to get to play those too!) so I'll have to wait a bit to order it.

Will I be able to order one of these awesome carts in a month from now? More likely end of February or early March?

This sounds like an awesome piece of hardware and it would save me searching for some of the more obscure (and often poorly designed) titles. Plus $99 is better to drop on the Kroko Kart than over $100 for CTCW.

For those with mac's.... Why dont you do like I did. When I got the cuttle cart two I had someone send me a cuttle cart two compatible zip file with all required information and just copied it to my mem card.

Instant gratification and no need to mess with the compilation software.

Will I be able to order one of these awesome carts in a month from now?  More likely end of February or early March?

Yes, you will be able to order the device later. I do not plan to stop production unless there is a good reason. But it will no longer be possible to preorder them. You can just order them in the AtriAge store if they are available. Maybe it will take a while until I can make more devices than those that were already preordered, but I definitely will make more.

I've got one on order and would really like to use it with my iMac G5.   Any word on the Java app?  If not, are the program specs available so I could write a Native Mac app for it?

I hope Andrew Davie will make a Java Commander in the future. But it is not available yet and I am not sure if Andrew has enough time to write it in the near future.

If you want to make your own Java Commander, I will be happy to send all necessary information to you. Just send a PM with your e-mail :)