IGNORED

5200 Activision Boxes

Tempest

Do all the 5200 Activision boxes have the little cardboard stip on the bottom of the boxes that had the system name on it? I have a few that have it (Zone Ranger), but a few that don't (HERO for example). I was curious if they all came with this or not.

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Do all the 5200 Activision boxes have the little cardboard stip on the bottom of the boxes that had the system name on it?

My zone ranger also has the strip of cardboard and so does my pitfall II. I always wondered about that. Does anybody have a zone ranger without the cardboard piece?

quote:

Originally posted by Tizoc:

My zone ranger also has the strip of cardboard and so does my pitfall II. I always wondered about that. Does anybody have a zone ranger without the cardboard piece?

I have several new-in-the-box Zone Rangers that do not have that cardboard piece on them. Here is a scan of my box:

Zone Ranger Box Scan

Other than the cardboard piece, is this the same as your box? Since this box has a flap, I would imagine the cardboard would get in the way of the flap opening. Also, my Zone Ranger cart has a Telegames-like silver label. Here's a scan of the cart:

Zone Ranger Cart Scan

I've been wondering if perhaps there's another label variation for this game.

..Al

Yes there is another variation, the original cart has the Zone Ranger Pilot picture on it (like the box front).

The cardboard strip does get in the way of opening the box. I haven't figured out why its there or if there's a way to open the box without damaging it (I just pulled the cover out of the strip a bit to open it once, the strip gave enough to open it). Were these strips just some kind of theft protection or something?

Your box may not have it because it may not have come from Activision. I think all the silver labels came from Telegames. I'm not quite sure what to make of all this. Other than the cardboard it's the same box. I think all the boxes for the Colecovision, 5200, and 400/800 are exactly the same except for the cardboard strip telling what system it's for. Although my 400/800 Zenji box is smaller than the average 5200 box (I don't know if all Zenji boxes were like this though. You could still fit a 5200 cart in it).

Tempest