IGNORED

XBOX Mod HelpOpinions Needed

Shawn

Hello,

I am gonna take the leap this christmas and break down and buy a new console (last "new" console I bought was the SNES) but I want to be able to play XBOX, Cube, PS2, Atari, NES, SNES & Genesis games on it (not asking much eh? LOL ) But anyhow I have heard time and agian that this is possible to do with the right MOD to the XBOX system. Can anyone please give me their story on how to make this happensuccess rate of doing such a MOD to be able to get the the right EMU's to run on the XBOX (and the names of the EMU's I would need) and if I will be able to play real deal Cube & PS1 & PS2 games on the XBOX. I want to do this cause there is not enough games that I personally like from the new wav of consoles to justify buying one of each but if an XBOX could be moded to run all the games then I could justify buying one. Also anyone that I cansend my XBOX to that will do this mod for me (obviously at a price) please speak up, Iwill be getting my XBOX 1st week of January if what I want can be done. Thanks ever so much and I hope this is a realistic request.

Merry Ho Ho,

Shawn Sr.

What you are asking for, can not be done.

Can I at least get a MOD that will run XBOX, CUBE & PS2 games?

I'm pretty sure you can get it to emulate Atari, NES, SNES & Genesis. They might not all be full speed however (But I'm not positive)

If you could get an x-box to run Ps2 and Cube games why would anyone buy a ps2 or a cube? It just can't be done.

-Tim

So it not true then? I can't get an Xbox to run PS2 games?

Completely impossible, people can't even write an emulator that will run on a high-end PC right now. Oh, btw. the Gamecube discs are read backwards, another thing that is completely impossible on the XBOX.

Whoever told you that is FOS. ;)

So it not true then? I can't get an Xbox to run PS2 games?

As CPUWIZ said, there's no way that's going to happen. It's one thing to write emulators for these consoles to emulate older consoles, it's another entirely to write an emulator for a same-generation console that is based on a completely different architecture. It simply is not going to happen, no questions asked.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
would there be any particular model i should be looking for ?

One that works. :P

http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

Largely it depends on what method you want to use.

Softmods works on all.

Free Tsop flashing mod works on v1.0 - v1.5 boxes (tho v1.0 xbox's are best to use for this)

Modchip works on all (but may need slight trimming of plastic on the dvd drive carrier tray).

Really the biggest factor would problay be the dvd drive. There are 3 kinds used. Thomson, Samsung and Philips. Thomson are the worst, Samsung is probably the best. They can be identified by the fact that they have 2 small holes in the tray, one on each side of the center slot.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59322 <-has pictures of the different trays.