IGNORED

What's your favorite type of 2600?

King Atari

So, what's the most popular type of 2600 here?

-Heavy 6-switch

-Still heavy, but somewhat lighter, 6-switch

-Light 4-switch

-4-switch Darth Vader

-JR

-7800 (it's like two systems in one)

I don't have a favorite really, the early 6-switchers are great, but so is the common woodgrain 4-switch, the Darth Vader and JR's look cool, and the 7800 is like a 2600 that can play games with better graphics (but that's pretty much what it was, isn't it?). So, what's everybody's fav?

Actually, my favorite is the 6 Switch Store display. I loved mine.

My wife accidentally mailed it with an Atari auction I sold on eBay last December by accident...

The person who got it didn't answer my emails offering to pay for its return.

I also like the Gemini ~ not sure why though...

I prefer the 6 switch, whether it is a heavy or not doesn't matter. I had a 6 switch when I was about 12 that I bought with money from my paper route... hence the attachment.

For convenience, I like the 7800. I can't challenge my wife to a game of Freeway without having to play Air-Sea Battle, 7800 Ms Pac Man and 7800 Centipede as well. (oh the pain!)

I would have to say the Atari 2600 4 Switch, simply because all the Atari games can be fit easily into cartridge slot.

This includes the Red label games etc., it is almost impossiable to play them in a 6 switch without having to really jam it in and ripping the label as you do, and you need a miracle to get it back out.

If the game doesn't want to go in, I don't force it, I don't want to attempt destroying any of my games.

For the type of 4 switch, either woodgrain or all black is fine. I have a all black one though myself.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

Hey, that's pretty cool, so do I. I have 2 6 switchers, 2 4-switchers (woodgrain & all black), a JR, and a 7800 (I count the 7800 as a sort of "Super 2600").

you need a Telegames 2600 to complete your systems

The old, Heavy Sixer is my favorite. I don't like how they moved the difficulty switches to the back on more recent models... they're too hard to reach when you need them.

As for the Jr, it's neat and all... but it doesn't scream Atari like the old woodgrain models.

Of course, the VCSp is pretty damn amazing as well..... If only I could find them at the thrift stores

--Zero

Definitely the 6-switch woodgrain! When I was younger, I used to play my 2600 games on my 7800. But about six or seven years ago, I got a 6-switch Atari. Since then, I've played all my games on it. I like the 6-switch woodgrain better than all of the other types of 2600's. In my oppinion, it's the most original.