IGNORED

Synthcart Nearing Completion!

Albert

http://www.atariage.com/development_page.h...evelopmentID=21Paul Slocum is developing a title for the Atari 2600 called the Synthcart. The Synthcart is a rather unique title for the 2600 that allows you to play music using a pair of keyboard controllers. Each keyboard controller controls one of two oscillators in the Atari 2600. The console switches can be used to adjust the quality of the sound on each keyboard. You can learn more about the Synthcart and download an MP3 demo of it in action on Paul Slocum's Synthcart web site.

Paul Slocum currently has a Testcart available for the 2600. Paul is also developing a game titled Marble Craze, which he expects to be completed early in 2002.

Hey that demo mp3 was pretty good! This Synthcart setup would be perfect for those electronica/techno/industrial/experimental type bands. Setting up an Atari 2600 on stage would freak people out. People would be thinking, "what the heck kinda funky instrument is that?" What a great effect that would be!

Now, I need to develope some musical talent, form a band, buy a Synthcart, and that Atari modded for audio out

Thanks guys! It looks like it might be the first of January before I finish it. I thought I'd be done with school in a week, but now I'm going to be slammed right up until Christmas. But after that I have until next Fall for nothing but Atari!

Although there were so many awesome labels in the Gunfight contest, I've had labels in mind for my carts for a while. But I will consider it.

I'm not sure of the price yet, but it won't be more that $30 shipped. Depends on how I decide to produce them.

-Paul

After persuing the Synthcart page, I think you SHOULD lug TVs to the gigs -- let people see what the keypad is doing.

Also, if you could add any color cycling/weirdness when inactive, that would add to the effect. Not so elaborate as Video Music, but, you know... trippy.