IGNORED

Where can I buy Atari joysticks?

MagMax667

My 2600 joysticks are broken. One of them only works sometimes and the other won't work at all. Where can I buy replacements? I need AT LEAST one new joystick. One of mine works, but I would prefer to replace that one also. It's only a matter of time before that one goes and I won't be able to play my Atari at all.

PLEASE HELP!

Oh yeah, I also need new Keyboard controllers, too.

Look around the thrift stores, and I'm sure you'll be able to find at least one joystick for only a couple of bucks... Of course, it'll be used, so try and make sure it doesn't suck too badly before you buy it You can get joysticks off eBay relatively cheap (since they're so common), but the thrift store will be faster.

Oh, and pretty much any 9-pin joystick will work. Genesis joypads will even work in the Atari (Of course, only the B button and D-pad will do anything)

--Zero

Oh, and keyboard controllers... hmm, well I'm not completely sure. I see them on eBay once in a while, but they're definitely less common than joysticks. In a pinch, video touchpads or kid's controller will do the job... but the overlays won't fit.

--Zero

Yes, eBay is the best answer I think.

However, the sega genesis (or master) controllers are a great suggestion too. I buy them for $2.99 a pair at Toys R Us.

There was a recent warehouse find of new gemstick controllers that can be had on eBay for about $10 a pair. They are good because they are new and they have the retro look.

keyboard controllers

again

Gemstick Controllers I mentioned

PS ~ none of the above auctions are mine.

edit: I can't spell.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: sway3 ]