IGNORED

base attack by ITT???

Rick Weis

We've only put PAL games into our database that we've been able to personally verify with a photo, scan, or seeing it ourselves.  I don't own a copy myself, but at least one copy exists in some form.  :)

..Al

Does this mean that Pmucki I amd Wilma Wanderer also exist?

Yes - but "Pmucki I" is named "Pumuckl", a bavarian comic gnom ;)

Mike

I've never seen Base Attack, Wilma Wanderer or Pumuckl I. A German collector once told me he had a prototype of Wilma Wanderer, but he never sent me a picture of the game. I think none of these three game exists, at least not in official released form.

Cheers,

Marco

We've only put PAL games into our database that we've been able to personally verify with a photo, scan, or seeing it ourselves.  I don't own a copy myself, but at least one copy exists in some form.  :)

..Al

so these 3 (Base Attack, Wilma Wanderer or Pumuckl I) exist? where and when did you find out about these? :ponder:

i won't even start with your homevision lists.. i know most on my wanted list are not even confirmed yet. :twisted:

BTW: why no cart scans of most of these?

Sorry, not attacking you. but if these do exist i need to add them to my wanted list. :P and maybe even if they don't exist. :roll: :D

Rick

so these 3 (Base Attack, Wilma Wanderer or Pumuckl I) exist? where and when did you find out about these?  :ponder:

I need to look through emails--either Alex or I have seen these games or someone sent us scans or pictures of them.

BTW: why no cart scans of most of these?

When we received a good scan of a game, we tried to put it online. But many of the images we've received as confirmation for PAL titles haven't been that great (many have just been pictures taken with a digital camera). I do have on loan a few hundred PAL carts (mostly Brazilian, I think) that I need to scan and put online (some are probably not yet listed, either).

Sorry, not attacking you. but if these do exist i need to add them to my wanted list.   :P   and maybe even if they don't exist.  :roll:   :D

I understand--I'll try to see if I can dig up our source (or sources) for Base Attack, Wilma Wanderer and Pumuckl .

..Al

This is the same ITT as the school ITT Tech? :?  :ponder:

Yeah... ITT is a huge company, they have a communications division, an education division, they actually used to own Sheraton Hotels.. don't know if they still do... AND, they used to make components for military weaponry.

Todd

• 3 weeks later...
My 'guess' is that Pumuckl I from ITT Family Games is the same game as Zoo Fun (AKA Panda Chase) from Home Vision...

Both games share the same codebase (CloneSpy), but they are still quite different and Zoo Fun is the Pumuckl game (or should become it).

Pumuckl I (ITT) is the same game as Zoo Fun (Home Vision) and Zoo Fun is a hack of Panda Chase (also from Home Vision).

Thomas,

Do you know if there's any traces of Home Vision in the following ROMS:

Criminal Pursuit

Dragon Defender

Farmyard Fun

Hole Hunter

Motocross (Quelle)

I mean like the graphic data you found in Sancho's Words-Attack?

8)

Pumuckl I (ITT) is the same game as Zoo Fun (Home Vision) and Zoo Fun is a hack of Panda Chase (also from Home Vision).

Not exactly a hack, but a game based on the same codebase. If it would be a hack, then a simple filecompare would still find identical code. But except from the first ~200 bytes, the bytes almost never match. So, the programmer of Zoo Fun either had the original code of Panda Chase or he had made a complete disassembly of the ROM.

Do you know if there's any traces of Home Vision in the following ROMS:

Criminal Pursuit

Dragon Defender

Farmyard Fun

Hole Hunter

Motocross (Quelle)

I mean like the graphic data you found in Sancho's Words-Attack?

No obvious graphic data in Criminal Pursuit, Dragon Defender, Farmyard Fun and Hole Hunter. I could to scrutinize the code and look for some programming patterns, but that would take quite a lot of time.

But I had more luck and found 'homevision' inside Motocross (Quelle), the logo starts at offset $dc8. :)

Some more interesting CloneSpy results (using -t15, lower values show even more links, but then it gets very speculative):

0  1  2  3  4  5

0 I.Q. 180 (HomeVision) (PAL)······························   · 20 20  -  -  -

1 Dice Puzzle (Sancho) (PAL) [!]···························   =  · 26  -  -  -

2 Laser Base (AKA World End) (ITT Family Games) (PAL) [!]··  23  =  · 17  -  -

3 Meteor Defense (ITT Family Games) (PAL) [!]··············   -  - 14  · 16 15

4 Sea Hawk (AKA Overkill-RVision) (1982) (Sancho) (PAL) [!]   -  -  -  =  · 16

5 Exocet (AKA Space Eagle) (Sancho-Goliath) (PAL) [!]······   -  -  -  =  =  ·

0  1

0 Parachute (HomeVision) (PAL)·········································   · 15

1 Motocross (Starsoft) (PAL) [!]·······································   =  ·

0  1  2

0 Zoo Fun (HomeVision)··············································   · 49 24

1 Panda Chase (HomeVision)··········································   =  · 27

2 Ski Hunt (HomeVision) (PAL)·······································   = 30  ·

Not 100% reliable, but still. Especially those higher values > 20 are quite convincing. :)