IGNORED

Game of the year

sega saturn x

Probably my game would have to be is Metal Gear Solid 3 since I love the storyline, there is a lot of action, the intermissions aren't frequent, the movies are very cool and action packed, and there is a mini game like Ape Escape. But there was a lot of really good games that came out this year. My second choice would have been GTA SA since there is so much to do and the game itself is very long (I heard up to 150 hours for a 100%) and I will never grow tired of that game. Flying around wearing a jet-pack is fun. Those where the only new games I got this year so I need to get some for GC and XBOX.

World of Warcraft is simply amazing if you have the budget for it. I would have to pick World of Warcraft.

Close Seconds: Metal Gear Solid 3.

I'm not big on first person shooters so Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 are pretty average. (Although Half-Life 2 and Doom3 look absolutely amazing)

Anyone think Metroid Prime 2 is worth the Game of the Year honor?

While I agree that Katamari Damacy is a really, really fun game. I think that the flaws with the camera hold it back from being a fantastic game. I think that the game that deserves game of the year (imo) is Alien Hominid. The game is simply brillant in both execution, design, graphics, humour, and fun factor. Everything works amazingly in that game.

-mike

While I know that alot of people think that the game is overhyped and not all that it is cracked up to be (my guess is those poor folk don't have XB Live) I'm still going to go with Halo2. Aside from the rather abrupt ending the single player campaign is very fun and challenging (if you don't wuss out and play on the lower levels). Once you go on Live with it it becomes another beast altogether. Everything about this game looks and controls how it should.

Halo 2

That was a good one, too! :D

Halo 2 is suffering from some major predicaments. First off, it had amazing hype. Of course, everyone who didn't like the first Halo will use the hype to put this one down. Second, everyone expects so much out of this one, they scrutinize every little frame of the game. That's not to say it's perfect, it certainly isn't, but its a lot better than people give it credit for.

i just started playing crimson skies,  glad to see someone gave it a vote,  maybe its time i really start playing that game.

Yeah, I loved it. Dunno if you're old enough to appreciate the reference but it had a lot of things in common w/ Wing Commander and WC2.

Halo 2

Halo 2 is suffering from some major predicaments.

I got probably maybe 1/3 of the way through...even on easy, I find it difficult, just hard to figure out the objectives. (Couldn't cortana give me some kind of damn map??)

You SOBs, I am flat broke right now, so I still am dying to get GTA:SA, Metal Gear Solid 3, Halo 2, and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. And then hell, I still have to complete a bunch of other games; I will be lying on my death bed trying to complete games, because there's so many I like.

Speaking of, damn, you wonder how we'll all look back on like Super Mario Bros 3 and Chrono Trigger and such when we're all like 70 years old.

I got probably maybe 1/3 of the way through...even on easy, I find it difficult, just hard to figure out the objectives.  (Couldn't cortana give me some kind of damn map??)

I'm going to open myself up for being made fun of here, but on normal, I found Halo 2 to be really hard. It was just too hard to find your way around.